Search results

1. Wizard509

DATS V3 Measurements on vintage 15" woofers

I have two pair of vintage 15" Cerwin Vega woofers. Each pair was used in a different loudspeaker assembly. I ran Free Air Parameters using a DATS V3. Some of the data is given below. The woofers appear to virtually identical physically and both were used in vented enclosures. The volume of...
  2. Wizard509

Advice for newb with new system

Hello and thank you for reading this post. I am putting a new system in my shop. The chain will be: W10 laptop running Foobar > JDS ATOM DAC+ > Nobsound passive preamp > ADAM T10S subwoofer > ADAM T5V satellites. I am very much “old school” when it comes to audio equipment and would greatly...
  3. Wizard509

Music playback system for vision impaired friend

One of my very good friends is now essentially blind because of Diabetes. He has long been an avid music fan, but can no longer see well enough to operate a conventional audio system. Is there a setup that will allow him to select and manage music playback? THANK YOU for you recommendations.
  4. Wizard509

Options for equalization with my system

Given below is a diagram of the system I recently set up in my shop. This is the first system I have assembled that incorporates a DAC. I've not had a chance to work with Foobar very much and have done nothing with REW other than to install it. It follows that I am dealing with a variety of...
  5. Wizard509

Floor stand recommendations for use with UMIK-1, please

I just received my UMIK-1 from Cross-Spectrum. Please share your recommendations for a floor stand to use with it. THANK YOU!
  6. Wizard509

Noob seeking test equipment recommendations...

I would like to acquire the equipment that will allow me to do proper basic testing of speaker drivers, crossovers, and crossover components. EDIT: I want to test both the output of loudspeakers and the individual components that are used in crossovers so I can determine if they are within...
  7. Wizard509

AC Power Cord change with vintage receiver

I joined ASR a couple of weeks ago after lurking for a few. I bought my first audio system - Pioneer separates, a Thorens Turntable, and Acoustic Research AR5s – around 1974. Since then, I have tinkered with a few automotive audio systems. My PC is equipped with an Echo Mia soundcard that is...
  8. Wizard509

Noob seeking recommendations for using iFi Zen DAC v2 with vintage stereo receiver and loudspeakers...

I have been lurking here for the past several days and have looked at a number of threads related to DACs and using them for audio playback. I want to use one of my laptops (Windows 10) as the source for WAV file playback via a stereo receiver from the late 70s and a pair of loudspeakers. I...
Top Bottom