Search results

1. S

Why so little discussion of Austrian Audio?

Given the company’s history I would expect to see fairly regular discussion of their headphones, but they don’t come up much. Strangely, Crinacle hasn’t measured them either. Why don’t they get much attention?
  2. S

Measurements of same speaker driven by different systems?

One thing you often hear from the 'subjectivist' camp, is that measurements of a single component don't tell the whole story - rather the entire playback system interacts in complex ways, leading to 'synergy' or 'matching'. It seems this is easily testable: Measure the same speakers in the...
  3. S

Used speakers - cracks, dings and dents

I keep a casual eye on various used-gear outlets, just in case an incredible deal comes up. What amazes me is how much used gear shows up with really bad damage. Speaker cones pushed in or ripped, cracked cabinets, binding posts that have come loose, corners that have been destroyed in every...
  4. S

Absorption only on front wall?

I’m remodelling my living room and have the opportunity to treat the wall behind the speakers with 1.5” - 2” of absorption. Absorption would be PET panels under those felt + slat panels (which are mostly for aesthetics). The other walls in the room don’t allow for significant treatment of any...
  5. S

How does the planar IEM experience compare to planar over-ear?

I’ve been interested in planar headphones for a while, but they’re generally outside my budget. Planar IEMs are somewhat more affordable, but I wonder if they provide a similar listening experience as over-ears. Do they provide a taste of what planar headphones can do, or are they really...
  6. S

Found [US]: Minidsp Flex or SHD

Looking for a Flex (analog) or SHD in good shape. Thanks!
Top Bottom