Search results

1. S

Lehmannaudio Decade Phono Stage Review

Thanks Amir. The clipping is unfortunate, and puzzling given the effort put into building a separate power supply. The ‘rumble’ filter is effectively useless, just a very strange design decision.
  2. S

AOSHIDA SMSL C200 Review (DAC & Amp)

Ah, thanks. I’m used to working in DAWs where sample rate is controlled within the software.
  3. S

AOSHIDA SMSL C200 Review (DAC & Amp)

I've had C200 for a little under 4 week. It sounds fine. The samplerate display is stuck at 44.1kHz, though it plays other samplerates correctly. Even more concerning, after switching from Line out to Headphone out, it sometimes stops playing audio altogether, and some combination of power...
  4. S

Topping A70 Pro HP & Preamp Review

@simontomi have you found any solution to this problem?
  5. S

Can you tell which headphone is more compliant to Harman Research?

@IAtaman i chose #2 for the same reasons you did: apparently better compliance across broad areas of the spectrum and seemingly lower deviation across the spectrum. Odd that the paper ranks them differently. Does the paper not explain the reasons for that ranking?
  6. S

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

Can you tell me more about them, like who makes them?
  7. S

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

What are these? Are they a product, or a custom thing?
  8. S

Why so little discussion of Austrian Audio?

Too bad about the pinching! That kind of thing is really annoying. Measurements would be interesting; if I do end up with a pair of the Hi-x60, I’ll submit them for measurements.
  9. S

@Rayman30 the Noire have caught my eye as well, but I need the ability to use without a headphone amp fairly often, and the Noire’s reputation for being hard to drive has scared me off a little. Interesting to hear you’ve found the Austrians to play in the same league.
  10. S

I had missed Oratory’s Hi-X60 measurements, thanks for pointing those out. Other than a fixable bump at 6k, they look pretty good. Better than a fair number of other decently well-respected headphones. Distortion is low. Given that they seem to have a reputation for good build quality, I may...
  11. S

Given the company’s history I would expect to see fairly regular discussion of their headphones, but they don’t come up much. Strangely, Crinacle hasn’t measured them either. Why don’t they get much attention?
  12. S

New Philharmonic BMR HT Towers

And the BMR HT measurements are superb.
  13. S

$30K Budget - On the quest for my "end game" speaker

I didn’t realize you had auditioned the S7t. Being able to compare to the Revels must have been quite interesting! Can you share your impressions (or link to your post about it, I couldn’t find it with a quick search)?
  14. S

KEF R7 End game for most? Or not

Have you heard KEF R series before?
  15. S

Worst movie ever?

Well, I just watched Lion King 2, and it may have taken the top spot. Nothing good about it at all.
  16. S

All About Daft Punk

All about Daft Punk: Homework was good. Everything after that is terrible. :p
  17. S

$30K Budget - On the quest for my "end game" speaker

Why are people so upset that the OP hasn't bought speakers yet? It has not bearing on anyone, as far as I can tell, and we get to talk about speakers a lot...
  18. S

Focus - new active Dynaudio speakers

It seems everybody who looks at these tries the 10 or the 50. Anyone listened to the 30?
  19. S

Buckeye Amps: Hypex NCx500 Official Thread

I’d argue this is not true. The vast majority of consumers aren’t even aware of ‘audio quality’. They truly dont even know it’s a thing, much less think about it. The same is true of video quality by the way. I worked in the video industry for 20 years, and most normal people simply don’t...
Top Bottom