Search results

1. GurvanBHC

wav test?

Hey, do you have a file sweep 20hz-20Khz in WAV? I can’t find one that work in REW… I always get an error when trying to measure. I want to measure my tablet lol, i rarely use the inboard speaker but when i use it i would like the speaker to be EQ.
  2. GurvanBHC

Integra DRX-8.4

Yes i know this is an AVR :) Check the brand IOTAVX This is a cheap Prepro sold in Europe
  3. GurvanBHC

Integra DRX-8.4

Oh ok thank you for the response
  4. GurvanBHC

Integra DRX-8.4

The DRX-8.4 doesn’t have switchable off amp when using the Pre out?
  5. GurvanBHC

Integra DRX-8.4

The only reason for the existence of the central speaker is so that all the spectators hear the dialogues which come from the screen. It is essential in this case when there are several spectators. But I watch movies 95% of the time alone. So there is no advantage to having a central speaker...
  6. GurvanBHC

Integra DRX-8.4

Spring 2023 :)
  7. GurvanBHC

Integra DRX-8.4

I have no right not to like having a center speaker? Your opinion is yours, I have mine, period. And it's not because people have it that I must also have it
  8. GurvanBHC

Integra DRX-8.4

Yes i already have a very good phantom center, but my question was if i can turn off the center channel on the go but i have my response, it’s not possible to switch on and off quickly has you mention… thank you
  9. GurvanBHC

Integra DRX-8.4

Yes, i have a 65’ TV and my center channel is under the TV, the dialogue are not coming from the TV compare to watching a movie only with the L and R speaker. If I had a projector I would have no problem with a center speaker if it was behind the screen, but alas it is not the case
  10. GurvanBHC

Integra DRX-8.4

I don’t want to watch an Atmos/dts movie just with stereo…
  11. GurvanBHC

Integra DRX-8.4

Does anyone know if there is an option in the 3 selectable presets in the Integra to turn off the center channel? When I watch a movie alone I prefer to have only the left and right speakers playing the dialogue. Thanks in advance ?
  12. GurvanBHC

Debating Denon 3800h, 4700h, and Onkyo RZ50...thoughts?

Your crossover point is 70hz? Yes DL has messed up the crossover point here. Dirac Live is a little bit cleaner on your measurement but yes, you are right it is not so obvious with only Dirac Live without DLBC against XT32 SubEQ.
  13. GurvanBHC

Oh ok. Yes i think Dirac Live ART will be a game changer. On the Dirac Live website, we can see the exceptional measurements of the reduction of RT60 with ART in addition to BLBC. Note that their measurement without anything is already better than in most professional music studios, so these...
  14. GurvanBHC

XT32 work has good as DLBC? Did you see the Waterfall measurement with DLBC from Dirac? Pretty good reduction on time domain. Can you share some measurement with XT32 if you have one? I never seen a waterfall comparaison with and without XT32...
  15. GurvanBHC

Marantz Replaces AKM AK4458 DAC with Texas Instruments DAC IN SR6015, SR7015 AND SR8015

I would love to have an AVR with a cheap small display and a cheap design but with good dac/power amp... I think at least 50% of people who own an AVR hide them in a rack or a TV cabinet.
  16. GurvanBHC

Analytical Analysis - Room Gain

Thank you for the response René. I hope to have room gain even with Dirac I will post on this thread by the end of the year when my room is finished the measurement of my room.
  17. GurvanBHC

Analytical Analysis - Room Gain

Thank you so much for you post. But even with your clear post, i still have some question :facepalm: Will "room gain" apply if 4 sealed subwoofer play in a room that is greatly treated with enormous bass trap like "helmotz resonator" for example, and with an optimization like Dirac Live Bass...
  18. GurvanBHC

I've heard Subwoofer auto calibration with Dirac doesn't do that well?

For sure! Thank you for your opignion
  19. GurvanBHC

I've heard Subwoofer auto calibration with Dirac doesn't do that well?

can I ask your opinion on bass control management, does having multiple subwoofers working separately to eliminate modal resonances mean that in the end only 1 subwoofer has to give all the power to reach the reference SPL of a movie because the other works "against it"
Top Bottom