Search results

1. Fledermaus

boXem A series

2 x 5519/N1 in the house :p, hooked up one of them to my country fair special PA speaker prototype - so far, so good, auto-sense works like a charm and the beast exerts a tight grip on the 15'' :
  2. Fledermaus

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Le Puy en Velay, France
  3. Fledermaus

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

For those who read a bit of French (otherwise, machine-translation might work too) here is the definitive ultimate piece of audio literature about that brand : https://tryphonblog.com/2017/01/08/les-fabuleuses-enceintes-rehdeko/
  4. Fledermaus

Embracing Simplicity in Audio: Anyone Else Skipping Room Correction, Measurement Microphones, and the Like?

Since my speakers couldn't do without DSP, as it's part of their design and tuning (measurements-based active XO & EQing), it would not make much sense not to have in-room fine tuning and DRC made on top. Otherwise, with a simple system made of a source, a 2-ch amp and a pair of passive (not too...
  5. Fledermaus

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

Hi, 15% off on everything Topping at Audiophonics, ending 11/29 https://www.audiophonics.fr/fr/108_topping Enjoy
  6. Fledermaus

What components have you gotten rid of from reading ASR?

Bunch of esoteric streamers, DACs, preamps and cables. Kept my 35 yo tube amp and some other vintage electronics in the closet, out of misplaced sentimentalism.
  7. Fledermaus

Saving you a lot of money

Hi Mac, This tends to be old news, but still quite a good read indeed - and still worth reminding here and there !
  8. Fledermaus

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

If so, it could have been crossed lower, say 1.5 - 2 kHz instead of 3 kHz, which would have minimized that directivity mismatch. Edit: yeah, right, distortion...
  9. Fledermaus

Audiophonics HPA-S400ET Class D Purifi amp

It depends on the DAC specs, best if you aim for robust output voltage and low output impedance, naturally. Works fine here with 50 Ohm / 20 dBu output DAC cards : https://www.xilica.com/products/solaro-xc-slo/
  10. Fledermaus

Worst measuring loudspeaker?

Notice the 30 dB x 20-60k scale (usually 50 x 20-20k), which acts as a magnifying glass on defects incl ultrasonics. Of course it doesn't create flaws, just makes them more dramatic and fun to look at.
  11. Fledermaus

"Pro" Active Speaker Aesthestics

Visually I could easily live with the 8Cs - they're looking sleek, elegant, somewhat understated vs. Kii Three (which I could live with too, make no mistake :cool:)... Utilitarian looks is expected for a working tool that has to pay for itself, but some, such as Focal monitors (6 series, Shape...
  12. Fledermaus

Fosi Audio's First Integrated Amplifier with VU Meter-MC351 Discussion

And while at it, separates with some little DAC/preamp stacked onto a symmetrical dual VU-meter power amp, something reminiscing of an Accuphase or Mc setup with minimal cost and footprint, would be even nicer than an integrated, at least to my eyes. The pre could have phono in, headphone out...
  13. Fledermaus

TP RA3 Rackmount Amplifier Review

A speaker processor, or [2 ch in / 6 ch out] DAC with DSP inside :cool:
  14. Fledermaus

Old Bryston 2B-LP

Thanks for answering - then, having the bias checked surely won't do no harm.
  15. Fledermaus

Old Bryston 2B-LP

I picked one up myself years ago, in not very fresh condition. It sounds fine, but seems to heat up copiously, to the point that I can't leave my hand on the front heatsink - and emits quite a perceptible hum. To other owners: does this seem like standard operation to you?
  16. Fledermaus

Gustard A26 DAC & Streamer Review

What about "proven threshold of audibility" then ?
  17. Fledermaus

Share your in-room measurements?

In-room MMM measurements from listening area of the DIY 3-ways shown elsewhere, L+R, uncorrected : DSP-corrected: Waterfall L+R : Looks and sounds not far from OK to me...
  18. Fledermaus

Paul McGowan (PS Audio) is back with another silly "Power Plant" video

Thing is, stupidity may help but it's not at all a prerequisite. Lots of smart people, even with impressive resumes, enjoy being taken for a ride into the snake oil realm, under the assumption that if they hear it then it exists objectively, and because of their ingrained craving to buy that...
  19. Fledermaus

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

I'll tell you a dirty little audiophile secret, feel free to try this at home : when the purchase of those was at the project stage, I used to spend time with my significant other googling "ugly expensive speakers" images and showing her the most horrendous results, as in asking for her advice -...
Top Bottom