Search results

1. Y

Matrix Audio mini-i 4 Streamer Review

I guess I was worried about the conversion factors since the mini-i pro 4 will DAC and then the miniDSP will ADC then DAC output to the amp then speakers. I am assuming we probably won't have a loss in quality for that. The simpler chain would be to have something like a bluesound node that has...
  2. Y

Matrix Audio mini-i 4 Streamer Review

question, if I got this matrix to source out arc from my tv, can i also output balanced into a minidsp flex's balanced input to get room correction to my amp and speakers? Daisy chain it to enjoy both a streaming source, tv connection, and room correction in two boxes?
  3. Y

Streamer to MiniDSP Flex for 2.0 HT? Bluesound Node vs Matrix Audio Mini I-4

None so far! Just trying out several integrated amps for now but they’ve all had limitations. Bluesound devices had annoying audio limitations
  4. Y

Streamer to MiniDSP Flex for 2.0 HT? Bluesound Node vs Matrix Audio Mini I-4

Hello! I am looking at two options here when connecting my TV and streaming audio services to my 2.0 speaker setup (Ascend Acoustics ELX towers): 1. Use a Bluesound Node to connect to my TV via HDMI Arc and connect to MiniDSP flex via SPDIF. The problem I read online is that the node...
  5. Y

DAC + AMP separates for future upgrades? (2.0 -> 5.1)

@HarmonicTHD Thanks for the help! It does put things into perspective In the end, I am looking at two scenarios for a separate DAC/Preamp/streamer system or an integrated streamer for my amp. I hope to eventually move my two speakers (ascend acoustics sierra tower v2) into a HT system, if that...
  6. Y

Schiit Modius Balanced DAC Review

Quick question here @eburb, I've read in other posts that I can effectively just use the Node as a preamp, so would I be able to just do: Blusound Node streamer --coaxial--> Schiit Modius --XLR--> Parasound A21 amp ?
  7. Y

@linger63 I’ve read in this same Forum that because there is no way to turn off the digital amp, there will be about a 50ms delay. They need this delay to play across other BluOS devices which you can’t remove. That means I will have to delay the avr sound as well and get it just right to sync...
  8. Y

Thanks for the reply @luft262. Seeing that the latest denons have an amp SINAD of 87 compared to separate hifi amps that can measure in the 100+, do you think it will matter much?
  9. Y

Hello! I just joined the ASR community and was curious on the best path forward with my future plans. I just bought some ascend acoustics tower speakers to fill up my two story 1600SQFT condo. These towers will ideally be for critical listening as well as for watching movies (50%/50%). My condo...
Top Bottom