Search results

1. T

Is HDMI to optical through a TV lossless?

Ok, so it sounds like for my 2.0 setup, HDMI -> HDMI ARC with a AVR -> 2.0 would be essentially the same as HDMI -> Optical -> 2.0? Also - stupid question, but since I have a trashy TV, is there a potential that my TV is somehow downgrading the quality between the HDMI in and optical out? Or...
  2. T

Is HDMI to optical through a TV lossless?

If I plug an HDMI Chromecast into my TV's HDMI in, then use Optical out -> DAC -> amp -> RCA -> passive speakers, am I losing any quality at the HDMI to Optical stage? I know that TVs have bad DACs, but since HDMI and optical are both digital, is my TV able to convert this without losing...
  3. T

2.0 options - TV/music in small room - <$500 CAD

I can wait, but I'm not optimistic about sourcing the JBL Studio 530s in Canada - right now, there's not a single site selling them, unfortunately.
  4. T

Thanks - yeah I don't see myself upgrading anytime soon, but nice to keep that option open. What speaker/DAC combo would you go with in this price range?
  5. T

Hi everyone, I want to create an audio setup for TV/Movies in my living room. The speakers are 6ft away from the couch and will be directly in front of a wall. For music listening, I need the sound to reach 10ft behind the speakers (dining room). I have a budget of $500 CAD. Source: Movies/TV...
Top Bottom