Search results

1. chris760

Hypex Nilai500DIY Amplifier Review

Picked up three Nilai 500W mono block kits from deercreekaudio two weeks ago. It's the same DIYCLASSD box like the other reviewers out there. Had an "assembly party" with a few friends to get them done. We judged speed, looks, did it work the first time you turned it on.... Sadly, while mine...
  2. chris760

KEF LS50 Meta Review (Speaker)

I picked up a miniDSP2x4HD to give EQ of the subs a go and am having REW flashback nightmares from 15 years ago....
  3. chris760

KEF LS50 Meta Review (Speaker)

What are your thoughts on this so far? I’m A/B the ls50 wireless II to r11s and having a darn hard time as they sound very close. The thought of everything (receiver, amp, wires) all gone is very appealing.
  4. chris760

Welcome New Members to ASR, introduce yourself here.

Didn't realize there was a "members only" area till today.... Hello all! I'm Chris, Been an "audio enthusiast" for about 15 years. I remember my first "real" system purchase was an onkyo all in one receiver + speakers from a circuit city that was going out of business down the street from...
  5. chris760

Kef R Meta Series Release

Maybe this has been answered a bunch of times and I missed it while skimming all the Kef threads. Why do the kefs all rank higher than the revels in the passive speaker recommendation thread...
  6. chris760

Revel C426Be significantly better than C208?

Thanks for the detailed responses nerdoldnerdith. I see an open box C426be on crutchfield for pretty cheap. I will give it a listen. Unfortunately I don't have room for a full F208 on its side for my center :D
  7. chris760

I also see older vocie2's for sale for around the same price. Would a voice 2 be a better option over the 426Be?
  8. chris760

Thank you for the good point amirm. My setup is mainly for HT and I am running a Funk Audio 21.0 subwoofer. Maybe C208 is already overkill. I absolutely love the thing, just wanted to make sure I was not missing anything with its more expensive sibling.
  9. chris760

nerdoldnerdith can you ELI5 how the better horizontal directivity would be helpful in a HT setup?
  10. chris760

My current setup is Revel F208 Fronts and a C208 center. I see there is a heck of a sale on all Revel speakers at the moment and I am eyeing the C426Be. Is it possible to swap this for the C208 and have it match enough with the F208s? Has anyone demoed these two centers side by side? Is there a...
  11. chris760

Marantz on Sale.

just my luck.... decided to sell my SR5015 and they drop the price $500 off new... :D
  12. chris760

Passive Speaker Recommendations for USA (by @sweetchaos)

Just wanted to take a moment and say THANK YOU for this. I had no idea about 2-way, 3-way speakers, let alone which brands outside of the one (paradigm) I had tried before that are any good. Somehow the stars aligned and the day I found this thread is the day I found a set of Revel F208s and a...
  13. chris760

Anthem vs Arcam or other <$3000 processor...

I could not find a detailed review on here of my 5015 but did find one of the 7015, https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/marantz-sr7015-8k-avr-review.16462/ I believe it highly probable the 5015 would test the same if not worse being a cheaper model.....
  14. chris760

Thanks for the solid advice. For #1. I believe HDMI works on a "hand-shake" type thing where both sides of the connection have to "synch" with each other. I might be way off the mark but basically no amount of restarting the shield or unplugging and re-plugging the HDMI, or restarting the TV...
  15. chris760

There are a few things about the Marantz that I am not happy with. 1) Every day or so I have to pull the power cord and plug it back in to get it to re-synch with my shield. 2) I never feel like audessy does a great job. 3) The HDMI switching feel sluggish but maybe its normal or fast? 4) The on...
  16. chris760

Hopefully this is the right forum to ask this: I am trying to upgrade my receiver to a higher quality unit. I also have a pretty tight space to fit the receiver into due to WAF and would like to find a smaller unit if possible so it is not so crowded. I currently have the Marantz sr5015. I...
Top Bottom