Search results

1. A

SMSL AO100 Amplifier Class D "Subjective review"

Just ongoing criticism ... Yes, you are rude. Fanboy. What about being happy to not be able to hear all that instead? Saves you a lot of money. I am outta here, again
  2. A

SMSL AO100 Amplifier Class D "Subjective review"

Hi, I currently have the Loxjie A30, SMSL A300 and SMSL AO100 at home for comparison. I already said what I think of the A300 in the relevant A300 thread. The AO100 - like the A300 - plays a little quieter than the Loxjie A30 (tested up to 35/60 volume). BTW: An e-mail inquiry to SMSL as to...
  3. A

New SMSL A300 BTL Class-d Power Amp

Yeah ... I'm outta here ... and the A300 is going back, of course.
  4. A

So, I had a small window of opportunity and used it. I used the Wharfedale 12.2 and Bluetooth as the input. The Neutron Player served as the source. Just one specific song, just the chorus, ReplayGain is at 92dB, no EQ, nothing else activated within Neutron. Wharfedale Diamond 12.2 I set the...
  5. A

@DanielT It's RMS what SMSL is talking about (160 W @ 4 ohm), not peak. @Pippo So, maybe the A300 is putting out that high amount of watts, but why such a ridiculous gain setting for the volume knob? I will install the A300 once more and try it's behaviour above 25/60 until 30-35/60 but no...
  6. A

I will not answer about Whataboutism anymore. But I would like to point out that my claim is also supported by the founder of this forum, in which he tested the Loxjie A30, which should actually be able to output 80 watts into 4 ohms, but only manages 40 watts. Loxjie A30 Amplifier Review (by...
  7. A

Whataboutism helps nobody in the end ...
  8. A

As I stated above, there is no typical or normal. What should that be? One likes it quiet, another one loud, the next uses 4 ohm speakers, another 8 ohm, the next is using an EQ, the next is using it outdoors, another one in his cellar, another one is half deaf, 80 years old, the next 14 years...
  9. A

My comparison of power consumption wasn't related to efficiency, that should be obvious. If a (D-)AMP uses 40 watts, it can only put out 40 watts and not 160, right? I had first "turned up" the A300 with Tone 0 and then turned up highs and lows. Of course, with Tone 0 it played even quieter...
  10. A

So, I randomly picked two amps ... Yamaha M-5000 Rated Output Power: 200 W + 200 W (4 ohm) Power Consumption: 400 W Denon PMA-1700NE Rated Output Power: 140W + 140W (4 ohm) Power Consumption: 295W ... so, I still think what I have said before ... 40 watt for all of them above - edit - I...
  11. A

I should have just paid attention to the power consumptions (official statements) ... SMSL AO100 (MA12070) Output power: 70W x2 (4 Ohm) BUT: Power consumption: 36W SMSL AO200 (MA12070 x2) Output power: 90W x2 (4 Ohm) BUT: Power consumption: 40W (Normal Volume) <- what is "normal volume"...
  12. A

At my volume levels?
  13. A

SMSL AO100 (MA12070) https://www.smsl-audio.com/portal/product/detail/id/794.html "Output power: 70W x2 (4 Ohm)" SMSL AO200 (MA12070 x2) https://www.smsl-audio.com/portal/product/detail/id/756.html "Output power: 90W x2 (4 Ohm)" SMSL A300 (MA5332MS see below)...
  14. A

I just want to clarify something after weeks of reading about amps like this and often being completely misled. I have the Loxjie A30, Aiyima D03 and SMSL A300 at home right now. The performance of the three amps is as follows. I sort by the volume I need to reach my loudest music volume with...
  15. A

Loxjie A30 Amplifier Review

The Wharfedale 11.1s are working allright, as far as I can say, after the few days. I am hearing between 13-25 of 60 volume, depending on mood and source, sitting 3m away. But I will not keep the 11.1s - lack of quality. But I miss a simple balance option within the A30. And Loudness would be...
  16. A

Everything is still alright with the A30 and Wharfedale 11.1? Is the A30 getting hot? Do you listen loud sometimes? What's your max. volume you turn the A30 up to?
  17. A

Hi everyone, I've been reading here for years and I love the forum very much! :-) But now I actually have a specific question that I can't really find an answer to in the vastness of the internet. I just ordered a Loxjie A30 for my TV and a pair of Wharfedale 11.1 speakers and an Elac Sub...
Top Bottom