Search results

1. JRG1488

SMSL SU-8 Version 2 Balanced DAC

Your uncontrolled sighted listening test is not scientific, drawing the conclusion this dac is completely transparent is based on the objective data we have on this dac and human hearing.
  2. JRG1488

how to shop for earbuds

You could try and find some frequency response graphs, that will give you a rough idea of how they will sound.
  3. JRG1488

Review and Measurements of Wireworld Starlight 7 USB Cable

It looks like separately shielding the data and power wires gives the measured improvements there are cables that do this for much cheaper http://www.neo-w.com/english/d_usb-2.html http://www.supracables.co.uk/digitalaudiocables/usb-digital.html I wonder how they would compare.
  4. JRG1488

Mine is v2 10th anniversary edition from amazon uk. Sounds Superb using the xlr ouputs, much better than the benchmark but that might be because output is 4.2Vrms vs 4.0Vrms.
  5. JRG1488

Review and Measurements of Wyred4Sound DAC-2v2 SE DAC

Yes it is another box of audiophile buzzwords, with little resources spent on the actual engineering. But audiophiles are more interested in ticking off there list of buzzwords than actual objective performance anyway this product is what the target market it demanding, which is probably why the...
  6. JRG1488

Review and Measurements of Crown XLS 1502 Amp

I don't know how its meant to "potentially bandwidth of upstream sources" when its a speaker amp and the only upstream source will be the speakers/subwoofer with THD anywhere from 0.1-10%. The crown measures good enough to be audibly transparent. There is a thread will possible alternatives here...
  7. JRG1488

I sold my benchmark dac1 usb and brought one of these to replace it.
  8. JRG1488

Review and Measurements of Audio-gd R2R11 DAC & Amp

Yea there only interested in subjective impressions and a box of there favorite buzzwords that looks the part is obviously gonna do well in subjectivity.
  9. JRG1488

Review and Measurements of Audio-gd R2R11 DAC & Amp

Why bother wasting time and money making well engineered products when all your target market is demanding is a box of audiophile buzzwords. Some of the links to the measurements here have been posted in the audio-gd threads on head-fi , the product was vigorously defended with responses...
  10. JRG1488

More Rob Wattisms

No still talking about dacs but in the specific situation a studio might have a mix of digital and analogue equipment and needs to convert from digital to analogue.
  11. JRG1488

More Rob Wattisms

By being "used in studio" , I was referring to being used in the recording process or somewhere in the production chain, not just monitoring/playback. For monitoring/playback all whats needed is a dac with audibly transparent sound which i'm sure the hugo 2 has like many much cheaper dacs. I...
  12. JRG1488

More Rob Wattisms

RME ADI-2 and the Benchmark DAC 3 are pro-sumer they are designed to be used in a studio aswell where having better measured performance might have some benefits, plus you get a bit more functionality , pre-amp , headphone amp, balanced outputs. Despite this I think there still quiet pricey for...
  13. JRG1488

More Rob Wattisms

I just said state-of-the-art isn't the wording id use for the reasons I gave above , I didn't disagree with Amir's statement. An extra £900 for such small margins of extra measured performance and no audible improvements isn't state-of-the-art.
  14. JRG1488

More Rob Wattisms

"state of the art" wouldn't be the term id use unless it measured better than everything else by a large margin, it measured better in most areas yes but only by a small margin, cheaper products even matched its performance in some areas like topping dx3 pro in IM disortion.
  15. JRG1488

More Rob Wattisms

True i'm not saying the Dave isn't selling well for what it is, but of course Rob watts wants all the sales he can possibly get, by claiming its solves audible problems he might get some sales from people who want the best audible performance even if it means taking out a loan to pay for it...
  16. JRG1488

More Rob Wattisms

No ones saying these aren't good performing products they are, I was just pointing out even on measurements there are other products that come very close for a whole lot less money. But your right thats probably missing the point as these are show off products, I just imagine the market for a...
  17. JRG1488

More Rob Wattisms

The Qutest still costs £1,100, its not really "state of the art", for a £900 less the smsl su8 gets very close to its measured performance the differences between them wouldn't even be close to audible and you could save £900 to spend on music maybe.
  18. JRG1488

More Rob Wattisms

His also trying to dishonestly sell his £8000 gear by claiming that noise/distortion thats well past audible for our ears is actually audible. His "state of the art gear" would sound neutral/transparent to our ears just like nearly all of the dacs measured on this site costing 10x less. The...
  19. JRG1488

$500 amplifiers to test and review?

Yea doesn't look like it will beat the crown.
Top Bottom