Search results

1. U

How to find the difference in two recordings taken from same source?

I use the CONCORD system by Ortofon. The stylus is not that old. It is not a high end setup, but still I would expect it to have decent frequency responce with normal top end. @Digby , @Blumlein 88 , @dasdoing , @HarmonicTHD - I was thinking .. maybe the best way to go is to buy an "Analogue...
  2. U

@Digby , allow me to explain more clearly. I buy vinyl on regular basis and I rip it. My system had not a Scarlett2i2 until recently. With my system I always had a feeling that the sound is sub-par. Like a bit dull. It is not only with these few examples that I uploaded. I also understand that...
  3. U

I watched the video that you attached. It is great. The guy in the video still alligns the tracks by hand though.
  4. U

@HarmonicTHD , I am not quite sure, I understand fully why a XLR-to-6.3inch cable could solve the problem. Right now I connect XLR-to-XLR to Scarlet2i2. Scarlet2i2 itself notices that the input arrives from XLR and not 6.3inch and uses the correct impedence which fits the XLR input. Even if it...
  5. U

@Blumlein 88 , you speak my mind so much. Yes it is true, the Comparison 1, Version A sounds compressed. You got a point. But still, if you ask me, even with compression, there should not be imho such a weird difference in sound color. If you look at Comparison2 from my upload here...
  6. U

EELA Audio 804 and Scarlett 2i2 both have XLR connectors. I use those. No 6.3inch cable.
  7. U

@HarmonicTHD , you opened my eyes to the 6.3 jack possiblity. I really did not know that. The Technics SL-1210MK2 has only one OUTPUT. It is chinch cable. Here is a pic: So I need a phono pre-amp. I also fully understand that clipping is an issue and know how to watch it. I think this is not...
  8. U

I watched the video. It might be an interesting method. I think the spectrogram he creates with the tool "SoundExchange" would work well. Not sure if this is the right url to the tool: https://sox.sourceforge.net/Main/HomePage This tool has no GUI by the way.
  9. U

@dasdoing , I had in fact the same tought too. I was thinking to replace it with RADIAL J33 Amp (https://www.radialeng.com/product/j33) I will read the link you suggested in detail though tonight.
  10. U

You are right. It was not smart to attach mp3. Here are FLAC Files. https://we.tl/t-ADp4zD2osA I have included 3 tracks for comparison. In comparison 1 and 2 I have prepared samples where you can clearly hear the difference. U.
  11. U

Ok. Its the first time I hear about this software. Would you do a comparison for me with REW using the samples I included in the first message?
  12. U

Yes, I thought exactly the same. I tried to look at frequency response of both samples. But the problem is when I have two frequency responce graphs near each other, I still dont clearly see the difference. I thought someone might know a method to somehow overlay them or something. That would...
  13. U

I am not sure, I explained it correctly. I have two recordings of the same song. One is ripped by person A with some system, the other by me with my system. The source is the same though. For simplicity I cut out samples (5-6 seconds) of the same place in the track where the difference in sonud...
  14. U

Thanks for your explanation. My vinyl player is Technics SL-1210MK2. Just to warn you, I am not a technical user (yet). I am guy who likes music and buys vinyl. I dont understand the technical numbers immediatly without explanation. I bought the Scarlet 2i2 in the hope to produce better...
  15. U

Good question. I am using Vinyl Studio. For now I dont ensure that it does not clip. I just hear the difference between my rip and other peoples rip of the same source vinyl. So now I am looking for a tool measure that difference, to know what exaclty is the delta. Delta Wave is hell of a tool...
  16. U

Hello all, I am looking for a way to compare two different recordings (samples) of the same vinyl record in an audio software and find out what the difference is. I can hear the difference, but I want to know in which frequency range it is exactly. Details: My brother and I, we are trying to...
Top Bottom