Search results

1. C

Topping A90 Discrete Review (Headphone Amp & Preamp)

and the ignorance continues by people that haven't even compared the two of them themselves. Just assuming. Because logic.. The cult continues. Have fun guys. It's a small world out there for you.
  2. C

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

Of course they can, but you'll always have forum Maffioso like Lupin that have to repeat their same lines in every topic. It's probably ignorance or not having enough funds to buy and test some of the devices him/herself. Who knows. I'm just speculating at that. I've got plenty of kit here...
  3. C

WIll do just fine. I drive my Adam T5Vs directly from the DAC with the D30 Pro acting as pre-amp. And mostly I'm at -15 to -25 dB on the DAC when not even having maxed out the speaker amps.
  4. C

Yes of course. But they both just sound different. A90D is much smoother and more refined, A30Pro more hot and shouty. Best way to describe the differences. Both PLENTY of power. For music i'd blindly recommend the A90D in terms of listening fatigue, musical tonality etc. The A30Pro tends to...
  5. C

Topping A50s Headphone Amplifier Review

SKU diversification for different scenarios. More products. More confusion. Bigger market reach etc etc etc.
  6. C

It's just shit haha. A device in this price class deserves better. An aluminum housing and bigger controls don't cost a ton. They sell an aluminum remote replacement for the DACs for 120 RMB here which is about $17. Should have been included for the AMP if they decided to remove all essential...
  7. C

Ok after a decent amount of testin the A90D vs my A30Pro I'm pretty conclusive about my findings. A90D hands down beats the A30Pro in sound quality in about every genre I tried. Main difference being a smoother more balanced sound with better instrument separation and positioning. Faster tracks...
  8. C

Yeah it's hard, because A30Pro is single ended only. So I could only A/B single ended with an RCA switch and swapping headphone plugs. And then it's not sure yet if volume is 100% matched etc etc etc. So it will be a bit of a personal evaluation. The good thing is that I actually asked Topping...
  9. C

Ordered one myself. I didn't want to.. Got the D30Pro+A30Pro stack already. And lately not been using the headphones as much because the active studio monitors just do fine at lower volumes also. However I couldn't resist the hype.. I'll give them an A/B and see if it's worth keeping it over...
  10. C

Adam T5V Review (Studio Monitor)

I had ground loops too on RCA of the Topping D50s. Replaced it for balanced on a Soncoz LA-DXG1 and now on the passthrough balanced ports of my Topping D30 Pro / A30 Pro stack. Balanced connection solves the ground loop instantly. I would not recommend using single ended near a PC indeed. The...
  11. C

Topping A30Pro Review (Balanced Headphone Amp)

Am I the only one that actually LOVES both the knobs on the D30 Pro and the A30 Pro? Coming from the A50s this is so much better! What helped for me was to put the slightly taller feet under them and set them next to each other. Small devices don't have the space for huge knobs you guys can't...
  12. C

Well I haven't heard the NAD C372 headphone output but if this is a transparent amp too then this makes absolute sense. It should just amplify the sound and not add any coloration and thus sound the same. The difference for the A30 Pro is that it highly likely has a ton more power at rediculous...
  13. C

The Topping D10b is already available here and I almost bought it for my TV and then I saw it only has optical and coax OUT.. not IN.. I think this is the Achilles heel of the product. Not having an optical IN makes it a PC/PHONE only DAC. Else it could have been the ultimate go to DAC for TV...
  14. C

The shift was about the headphones coming alive. Not the temps. I have not concern about the temperatures. Other than that I couldn't understand why sometimes it's warmer than other times. Again it doesn't seem a concern to me. Its not that hot. But thanks for your reply.
  15. C

I can definitely recommend the amp for the your cans. I've got a pretty similar lineup of cans and i also have a pair of very power hungry planars. The A30 Pro drives them all on medium gain to maximum levels. I had the A50s and although it was very good it was on the edge for the 600 ohm Beyers...
  16. C

I had read that and yes that's probably it. There is this sudden shift. It's amazing.
  17. C

Yeah the spread is lovely. and it's interesting but somehow suddenly it got very warm. But I wasn't really putting any load on it. But when running my Beyer 600ohms it's just luke warm. not sure what's causing the temps to rise.. a bit counter intuitive.. As for the power. OMG. This thing does...
  18. C

wich stack ? topping (D30pro+A30pro) , smsl (sh-9 + su-9) or ?

Very satisfied with the stack and it's functioning. When turning off the amp it will automatically pass through the XLRs to the speakers (TRS). I did change the feet for some aesthetic reasons. Can't hear any difference between A30 Pro and A50s but I do hear a difference between D50s and D30...
  19. C

Got the A30 Pro in too today. Had to make some new cables to cater to the TRS passthroughs on the back and some short XLR interconnects. Used some Gotham GAC-2 Pro that I still had laying around with my own RCAs on it that I didn't use anymore. Bit over the top but I bought some 10 meter a...
Top Bottom