Search results

1. N

Exciting news from Onkyo and Pioneer: TX-RZ70/ VSX-LX705, TX-RZ9/VSX-LX905 = Auro 3D + DLBC!

Yes, they have updated the manual with the correct specs: Old Manual Version SN 29404069_EN New Manual version: SN 29404069A_EN
  2. N

Exciting news from Onkyo and Pioneer: TX-RZ70/ VSX-LX705, TX-RZ9/VSX-LX905 = Auro 3D + DLBC!

Yes, you are right: AccuEQ is still present, though very well hidden ;), I was mislead by the lack of logos. When you plug the included mic (which sucks even worse than the one of the old 5100) you can choose either to go to Dirac (via smartphone app) or proceed to AccuEQ (which I'm running...
  3. N

I bought the RZ-70 here in Italy for 2950€ (with the basic Dirac Live license). If you want more information DM me.
  4. N

I guess ART will remain something for very high end products like Trinnov and Storm Audio (which is the only brand who currently support it). Btw, I saw a video from Audioholics, where they were saying that the thing is very promising but to work will need full-band speakers on every channel and...
  5. N

Ok, I've been a bit busy so I've been just able to install it and just check the functionality. I was a bit disappointed that Onkyo didn't upgrade at all the interface which is exactly the same (layout and resolution either for the OSD and for the setup pages) of my old 2018 PR-RZ5100 and also...
  6. N

I don't felt the need to explain myself, but just to let know that I'm not in the US, so for me, it's rather complicated to lend the machine to Amir for his testing.
  7. N

I'm sorry, but I'm in Italy and sending it to the US would be rather expensive (and dangerous, provided the long journey). And btw, being an European machine it runs on 220V-60Hz and I don't know if using a voltage converter could, somehow, compromise the measures.
  8. N

The RZ70 has arrived today (sooner than I expected)! I will put it in my system during the weekend and will let you know my first impressions.:)
  9. N

Yeah! The retailer told me the wait will be a little longer than usual, but you know Onkyo's situation. I don't care much about reviews: I have a separate power amp so I'm gonna use its amp just for the Atmos speakers (or maybe not even those). I chose the RZ70 to replace my PR-RZ5100 because...
  10. N

Left the deposit for a RZ-70 today. Final price, with an around 10% discount on the official listing, this shop makes me (I'm an old customer of them, spent thousands on various gear there), 2.950€. It'll take a while to arrive (few weeks), will let you know the impressions when it does.
  11. N

My experience with Dirac is quite limited (I just went through the trial period of their "Studio" PC software and tested it with my stereo setup) and I can confirm that applying the Dirac filtering makes any speaker sound more dry, somehow dampened. But that's exactly what room correction is...
  12. N

Any news about the release (or better availability) for the RZ70? I've emailed the local distributor and received no answer (that in these cases is usually the answer: "not soon"). I've only found a reference on a UK review, that stated sales would start in June in that country. Anyone...
  13. N

Right! For example I can't buy Integra brand that isn't distribuited in my cointry (Italy). On the othet hand, I love and quite always buy Panasonic TVs and those haven't been sold in the USA for many years AFAIK.
  14. N

I don't agree. I love the minimalistic look of the RZ70 and, being almost identical to my PR-RZ5100, it matches perfectly with the PA-MC5501 I'll pair it with, keeping the "family feeling" as they call it in the automotive industry. I like it more than the Denon 4800h I was considering before...
  15. N

I’d rather have only 2 subs optimized by Dirac Live Bass Control, than 4 optimized by Audissey (or not optimized at all if you use Dirac). And this is the situation atm with D&M.
  16. N

Really? Who, except those who have a real “home cinema” (those who are set up by specialized companies, usually use professional and not commercial gear and cost 5 zeroes figures), have more than two subs in their living room system? To make sense to 3-4 subs you must have a very big listening...
  17. N

The RZ-70 has been added to the online store page of Dirac Live site. DLBC licenses are available at $349 for single sub and $499 for multisub ($169 to upgrade from single to multi). So looks like you can get DLBC multi for $3.300, which is not little money but far less the price of the cheapest...
  18. N

I've took a look at the spec sheet and the manual. The former states there's "two independent subwoofer outs" (and the pics of the rear panel confirm there's two rca outs for sub1 and sub2) but the manual shows all possible speaker configurations with just one subwoofer (x.1.z).
Top Bottom