Search results

1. H

Ear pads for HD58x?

Anyone know of a softer ear pad for the HD58x? The stock get quite uncomfortable after an hour or so. Any tips on stretching them? I've tried to bend the metal band part but afraid I may crack the plastic.
  2. H

8 Questions: Settings, Servers, Workflow?

(Cross posting this from the Noob section. Hope that's ok) Over the past year I've been collecting equipment for a most excellent home listening experience :cool: Currently I have the following kit: - JDS Labs Atom Amp. - SMSL SU-8 DAC - Massdrop THX AAA 789 Amp (unopened) - Senheiser HD 58x...
  3. H

Getting the most from my setup? 8 Questions

Over the past year I've been collecting equipment for a most excellent home listening experience :cool: Currently I have the following kit: - JDS Labs Atom Amp. - SMSL SU-8 DAC - Massdrop THX AAA 789 Amp (unopened) - Senheiser HD 58x (stock cable) - DIY interconnect RCA cables (Connectronics...
  4. H

DIY cable parts source in US? (small order)

I'd like to assemble my own cables. I'm very proficient at soldering etc. What is a good source to get short lengths of cables and fittings without a large minimum order? Will be making XLR and RCA interconnect and headphone cables. And I know its easier to buy but i'll DIY for fun. thanks.
  5. H

Temporary "fun" Amp?

So I ordered a THX AAA 789 on drop day (or drop hour I'll call it) but doesn't arrive til mid May. For a DAC I'm mostly decided on the SMSL SU-8 since I need USB or Optical. (no RCA on my motherboard) Amazon can deliver the DAC by Saturday so I want a "temp amp" to work out any gremlins show up...
  6. H

DAC to pair with Massdrop THX AAA 789 + HD58x

So I caught the last drop in time for the 789. It's my first amp. Right now I'm just listening right from the 3.5 mm jack on my PC. The HD58xs are very nice indeed. Can you please recommend a DAC to pair with my setup? I am thinking since balanced DACs are so expensive that I can go with...
Top Bottom