Search results

1. H

Ear pads for HD58x?

Ok, I just did this and it helped a bunch. I was trying to bend them too close to the plastic.
  2. H

Ear pads for HD58x?

Anyone know of a softer ear pad for the HD58x? The stock get quite uncomfortable after an hour or so. Any tips on stretching them? I've tried to bend the metal band part but afraid I may crack the plastic.
  3. H

Getting the most from my setup? 8 Questions

Yes :) Sorry for the double post. And thanks for the quick response on the other thread.
  4. H

8 Questions: Settings, Servers, Workflow?

Wonderful. Thanks. I'll take a look into JRiver as well.
  5. H

Brilliant! I'll give dbPoweramp a go. RE: "Good disk" I mean maybe it's a lower quality version. Some say "not for sale" LOL. So I will find out with dbPoweramp I assume.
  6. H

(Cross posting this from the Noob section. Hope that's ok) Over the past year I've been collecting equipment for a most excellent home listening experience :cool: Currently I have the following kit: - JDS Labs Atom Amp. - SMSL SU-8 DAC - Massdrop THX AAA 789 Amp (unopened) - Senheiser HD 58x...
  7. H

Getting the most from my setup? 8 Questions

Over the past year I've been collecting equipment for a most excellent home listening experience :cool: Currently I have the following kit: - JDS Labs Atom Amp. - SMSL SU-8 DAC - Massdrop THX AAA 789 Amp (unopened) - Senheiser HD 58x (stock cable) - DIY interconnect RCA cables (Connectronics...
  8. H

DIY cable parts source in US? (small order)

So in case anyone cares..... I just ordered the following: Two: Neutrik NC3MX-B XLR connector Two: Neutrik NC3FX-B8 XLR connector 10 feet of - Canare L-4E6S Star-Quad Microphone Cable It was about $28 shipped. The guys on the phone at Markertek were super helpful
  9. H

So I just found Marketek. They are kind of local to me too. Quite a few connector typed and cables. Any recommendations?
  10. H

No way! I didn't know this. Awesome.
  11. H

I'd like to assemble my own cables. I'm very proficient at soldering etc. What is a good source to get short lengths of cables and fittings without a large minimum order? Will be making XLR and RCA interconnect and headphone cables. And I know its easier to buy but i'll DIY for fun. thanks.
  12. H

SMSL SU-8 Version 2 Balanced DAC

hrbngr, I'm just looking to run unbalanced at the moment for my setup. (PC USB or SPDIF > SU-8 > 789 > 58X So what cables do you recommend? RCA interconnect? or just go with the Ghent balanced?
  13. H

Temporary "fun" Amp?

Interesting. I kind of wish I ordered the O2 now. I'd probably prefer the nicer hardware over the difference in performance. Since I won't be able to tell anyway. Plastic? :-/
  14. H

Temporary "fun" Amp?

I ended up ordering the Atom.
  15. H

SMSL SU-8 Version 2 Balanced DAC

So I caught the drop for the SU-8 a couple days ago JUST as i was going to buy from Amazon. Saved $50! But little concerned about the warranty... anyone know if I should check anything on the SU-8 before the return window ends? Also caught the 789 drop so this should be a nice combo for my...
  16. H

Temporary "fun" Amp?

How does the Objective 2 compare to the Atom? Why does the O2 cost more than the Atom? Does just have more features? I'm reading the Atom is better. What am I missing?
  17. H

Temporary "fun" Amp?

Wow, sorry I must have had a brain fart there. I edited my OP to take out the USB note. I was confusing the DAC and amp requirements. So Im ok with unbalanced for this since I'll have the big boy in May. Resale as in I can sell it late. Or whatever. Just looking for a small, unbalanced, fun...
  18. H

Temporary "fun" Amp?

So I ordered a THX AAA 789 on drop day (or drop hour I'll call it) but doesn't arrive til mid May. For a DAC I'm mostly decided on the SMSL SU-8 since I need USB or Optical. (no RCA on my motherboard) Amazon can deliver the DAC by Saturday so I want a "temp amp" to work out any gremlins show up...
  19. H

DAC to pair with Massdrop THX AAA 789 + HD58x

I was looking at the SMSL SU-8 as well. I see it only available on amazon for $250. Do you know the Massdrop pricing when it's available? USB would be nice too
  20. H

DAC to pair with Massdrop THX AAA 789 + HD58x

So I caught the last drop in time for the 789. It's my first amp. Right now I'm just listening right from the 3.5 mm jack on my PC. The HD58xs are very nice indeed. Can you please recommend a DAC to pair with my setup? I am thinking since balanced DACs are so expensive that I can go with...
Top Bottom