Search results

1. H

RME announces app control for RME Adi-2 series

Man you are amazing - simple correction and now I am back in business:D
  2. H

SMSL DO100 PRO - HDMI ARC DAC

$220 shipped. Is the HDMI licensing that expensive? I wonder if you can program a TV remote to control the power and volume on the SMSL? This would be awesome if it had a trigger output for external speaker amps.
  3. H

RME announces app control for RME Adi-2 series

@MC_RME I have an ADI-2 Pro SE and I recently updated to the latest firmware (3/28/2024, FPGA 209, DSP 40) as of yesterday. I am running Win 10 driver 09833. USB Input. Once I updated to Remote 2.1, the app no longer sees the device. In the upper banner it reads ADI -2 Remote ADI-2/4 Pro SE -no...
  4. H

PS Audio sent Erin their speaker??!!

I can't imagine how tiring it must be for Amir to constantly have to explain repeatedly explain why he measures first, listens in mono and offers up minimal subjective opinions relative to only his listening space. Maybe we need a ASR FAQ with links to specific posts, threads and papers so...
  5. H

Dutch&Dutch 8C new delivery!

What is the difference between the 8C and the 8C studio version?
  6. H

Audio interface with SPDIF out

It's a tad overpriced, but the RME ADI-2 pro se is perfect for that use. If you don't need the more powerful headphone amp, you could get the regular pro version and save some money. You have Genelecs so I don't think you are worried about a budget. The auto reference gain control system is...
  7. H

Audio Precision APx516B Review

Who are these magical students who are so willing to work through the night for free? What school do you teach at, and what is the name of the course or lab that you are leading ? Do you happen to have any published work that the ASR members can read through, critique and discuss as a...
  8. H

RME Adi Pro 2/4 SE -- need some help understanding the inputs

There is a balanced 4.4mm pentacon INPUT on the front. You can use a XLR to 4.4 adapter, or change your headphone cable to 4.4mm jack. It does not have a 48V phantom power for microphone use. The RME audio interfaces are more suited for that purpose (UCX etc.) There are quite a few eq presets...
  9. H

iLoud Precision 6: subjective impressions

Since you have the microphone available can you post your in room measurements, with and without room correction? Also do your speakers hiss, and how well does the speaker standby on/off work?
  10. H

Topping A90 Discrete Review (Headphone Amp & Preamp)

Can you upload the firmware file to Dropbox or some other cloud service. Thanks
  11. H

Using S/PDIF from PC into RME ADI 2 DAC FS sounds horrible

Even modern motherboard soundcards tend to have issues with PSU noise and spdif clocking, I'd bet the issue is your motherboard output, and not your RME device. Just run another usb cable from one of your onboard ports on your MSI motherboard and not the hub. Power on one audio device at a...
  12. H

Silly question about audio digital out

It's a significant jump in price at $1299, but you could just purchase a Topping DX9 and be done with it. It has 2 coaxial, 2 optical, USB and AES input(s).
  13. H

Neumann MT 48

I wonder why Neumann did include a coaxial output to run digital direct to the monitors/subwoofer(s) versus the optical toslink port, that will require an adapter.
  14. H

Antelope Amari Measurements

Pretty expensive for 4 CS4398 chips and a AK5578. It measures pretty well other than the headphone output. Does this unit have 48V phantom power? Great first post by the OP, amd thanks for taking the time to share your findings :D
  15. H

Motu vs UA Apollo

Why did you choose the 476P volt series over the Apollo Twin series?
  16. H

Eversolo DMP A-8 @ Purité Audio

@Purité Audio How is the preamp volume control on the spdif output? I want to use this to control the Volume on my KH150's connected by spdif. Also is there a remote control available, or do you have to use a ipad?
  17. H

Neumann KH 120 MkII - SPDIF Dropouts

What cable are you now using that has solved the drop out issues?
  18. H

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

They sound about the same. I like Chord dacs, outside of the funny colored marble controls. The mojo 2 has the eq options and offers a pretty good single ended headphone jack and it's cheaper. I dislike the battery systemand Inhate micro usb. The qutest has more taps, but it's just a dac for...
Top Bottom