Search results

1. B

Tweeter front plate design

Well now, I was about to build something just like this, almost a cheaper DXT mon if you will, but it's good to hear some feedback on the idea. Guess I will pass. I'd be curious to see what sims say about a pretty deep loaded tweeter like the Peerless D27. That things dome is below the...
  2. B

Is all speaker fill created equal?

the cotton batting at ats can be bought individually. I got two for $50 and that covered two ATC SCM100 sized big speakers inside. Ain't goin back to fibreglass.
  3. B

Doesn't really work with the melamine erasers I was referring to.
  4. B

Which begs the question, what kind of glue or substrate could one use?
  5. B

I like to line my boxes with cotton insulation from ATC acoustics. I've wanted to try melamine foam but seems nearly impossible to source for me. I guess one could buy bulk erasers and glue them together somehow.
  6. B

New Affordable Accuracy Monitor from Philharmonic Audio?

Cnotes sound better than AAM IME.
  7. B

My experience with DIY and it's many frustrations that are not talked about.

There are good ones that don't, like the VBS 10.2 which I'm working on two at the moment.
  8. B

My experience with DIY and it's many frustrations that are not talked about.

I'd agree many issues are discussed, but not the one about the celebrities and bad designers being propped up for no reason, nor the part where getting useful info for troubleshooting can be near impossible. Post is not for you if you don't get it. Thanks for chiming in I guess.
  9. B

CSS Criton 1TD-X Kit Speaker Review

If your source is a computer EQ is free, if not then it costs money. I'd argue if you're looking for an upgrade that fits your placement without EQ, you'll want something with a similar roll off to the 3020i, but also something with better dispersion. The real shortcomings of the 3020i and...
  10. B

The 3020 have less bass, both these speakers are reviewed here. The 3020 start to roll off at like 160hz, while the Criton roll off at ~70hz, one just has way more bass output. Since you have them placed near the front wall you're getting boundary gain from the wall.
  11. B

Is Amateur Piano Recording This Hard?

Piano is only tough if you're going for that super clean grand sound. For stuff outside of that it's better to lean more into what you're getting and build on what's there. Same for drums. Got a bad space? Dampen the hell out of the drums and go for a dry 70's style sound.
  12. B

Classic audiophool running in circles solution there. Instead of using a cheap solution like EQ to fix what is probably a room problem, you want to spend more on different speakers, and then likely just run into the same problem. EQ can be implemented in various ways without hardware, just do...
  13. B

Why did you think amps would help? They rarely have any audible deviations from neutrality. If they're bassy just use EQ and turn down the bass.
  14. B

Avantone CLA-10 (Yamaha NS-10M Clone) Review

Shakira - Hips Don't Lie would like to have a word with you :D
  15. B

You're examples focus on the macro, but leave out the micro. Anyone can make sweeping judgements about something, but it takes someone with experience and understanding to fully grasp why the judgement was made. I think there's an old saying that goes something like "Anyone can push a...
  16. B

With all do respect, you are just out of your element on this one Amir. Please share the music you've written and mixed, I'm sure that's not the first time someone has asked and rightfully so. Generally the response to these sort of criticisms is of a "put up or shutup" nature. Your work...
  17. B

Because it's predicated on the idea that unless you're in the same space, same speakers, same head and ear shape, headspace, etc... you're missing out on something. Listen to music, hear all that stuff? Great you're basically hearing the same thing. It's not something people who haven't...
  18. B

The idea of "hearing what the engineer/musician" heard is dumb and short sighted.
  19. B

I like the car check because it puts my head in a different mental place. I also make sure to drive while I check so I can be more relaxed. If things feel good while I'm cruising then the track is good to go. I find I can really stress over details if I only listen in my rooms.
  20. B

I don't really think most people have the experience of writing a song from inception to release ready mix, so they probably don't get why some folks might do things a certain way. Honestly, it all comes down to results, only thing that matters is what comes out of the speaker for the listener...
Top Bottom