Search results

1. M

SMSL DO100 Review (Stereo DAC)

When I play music from amazon music it says track quality: 24 bit/192 khz, device capability: 24 bit 44 khz, currently playing at: 16bit, 44 khz. I think the Do100 is capable of playing at 24 bit/192 khz - what do I have to change in the settings to get the track to play at the highest quality...
  2. M

Did you find a way to stop the popping when windows boots up with USB connection? I have the same problem.
  3. M

The funny thing is SMSL offered to send me a firmware update (after I contacted them through amazon) to fix the issue (which I haven't gotten yet), but there is no firmware update available on their website. IF they have a firmware update available, why not put it online?
  4. M

Topping E50 Review (Balanced DAC)

I'm getting no sound output on the E50 I bought. I'm using windows, and the E50 is connected to a single speaker (just testing it out with one speaker) using an XLR to TRS cable. Windows detects the DAC, but there's no sound coming out no matter how much I play around with the DAC settings using...
  5. M

SMSL is saying they want to send me updated firmware to deal with the popping issue. Has anyone else gotten this updated firmware?
  6. M

How to shield RCA to XLR cables from noise (auto power off on speakers won't work)

Ah, so if I used TRS to XLR cable with the D10 DAC it shjould resolve my issue? I use just plain XLR to XLR cables to connect the do100
  7. M

How to shield RCA to XLR cables from noise (auto power off on speakers won't work)

popping noises from the Do100 seem to be a pretty common issue. i just haven't been able to fix it.
  8. M

Getting the balanced RCA DAC would solve the issue even though the cables would still be XLR to RCA cables and not XLR to XLR?
  9. M

I had a pair of speakers with XLR inputs connected to my topping DX3pro DAC (RCA outputs). They sound great, but the issue is that the speakers have an auto power off, which won't work when connected to this DAC (even if the DAC is powered off/unplugged from power). Sometimes one speaker will...
  10. M

I have a crackling noise when playing certain tracks from amazon music (not present if I play the same song from YouTube), and these crackling noises are not present with another DAC. They're very faint crackling noises, and I have to listen carefully. Also random popping noises when switching...
  11. M

SMSL DO100 Driver Install Issue

How'd you get it to work? I'm getting the same missing dll error.
  12. M

There are a number of reviews on amazon complaining about the sound quality. Curious what the general consensus is - don't really understand how the DAC gets a good review here, but some meh reviews on amazon.
  13. M

Genelec ISS (auto off)

For some reason the ISS only works if I disconnect the cables (XLR to RCA) cables from the DAC. The DAC is a topping DX3 pro. Even if I disconnect the power on the dac, but keep the XLR/RCA cables connected to the DAC the ISS doesn't always work. Maybe the cables are picking up noise which the...
  14. M

Genelec ISS (auto off)

Bought two 8030c speakers. Hooked them up to the same DAC, and turned the ISS switch to on both of them. When I turn off the DAC the little green light does off after a while on one of the speakers (indicating it's off), but not on the other speaker. The other speaker stays powered on, despite...
  15. M

Genelec 8030C Studio Monitor Review

Can anyone recommend any reasonably priced desk stands? I don't want to pay the prices the genelec stands sell for.
  16. M

RCA to XLR cables - quality and can you damage monitor?

genelec 8030c. I went to long and mcaude, listened to a bunch of near field monitors, and realized I like the sound of 5 inch drivers. The size and sound of the 8030c appeal to me.
  17. M

RCA to XLR cables - quality and can you damage monitor?

I am looking at getting some speakers which only have XLR inputs, however my DAC has RCA out and not XLR (topping DX3 pro). I'd rather avoid buying a new DAC with XLR outputs, so a few questions: If I get a RCA to XLR male to male cable 1) Will the sound quality be significantly worse? 2) Can...
  18. M

KRK ROKIT 5 G4 vs Genelec 8030c - how much of a difference?

I listened to both of these in a store (1 m distance) and the genelec did sound a bit better, but the difference wasn't huge. The genelec definitely got louder though, which makes sense since it has twice the power. Is it just my imagination, or are both of these speakers quite similar, despite...
  19. M

Do the Genelec 8030c hiss?

I am close to buying a pair of Genelec 8030c speakers for desktop listening at an arm lengths distance. I listened to them, and a bunch of other monitors in store, and really liked them. However I've read some posts stating that they hiss if you aren't playing anything on them, and that the...
  20. M

Subjective desktop speaker impressions (not an audiophile)

Interesting. What if it's 2 speakers with the same sized drivers in the same room, positioned similarly, but one has the boomy sound and the other doesn't - still a room acoustics issue?
Top Bottom