Search results

1. middlemarch

Proposal: Right to Fair Review (RFR) Association

I think the idea is terrific. My concern is this sounds like pretty much a full time job for at least one person, and if pursuing lobbying efforts to try to get legislative support, more than one. Jealously, I want Amir to continue to focus on what we all love him for, reviews and running this...
  2. middlemarch

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

You know, I think it would be great if we use this moment/event as an opportunity for those of us who have not yet become forum donors to do so. Translate words into action, so to speak. It's pretty clear that Amir uses these funds for the benefit of the community, and if his "war chest" is...
  3. middlemarch

I think what's important here is to put up a significant display of public support for what, in my opinion, are fundamental principles. I fully understand that there is a wide spectrum of financial resources within this community, so it is to be expected that commitments will be all over the...
  4. middlemarch

I will happily add another $1000 on top of Amir's offer to support Erin. This is a clear case of intimidation by threat. We as a community cannot tolerate this kind of thing.
  5. middlemarch

What's needed to properly run Dan Clarks ÆON RT's?

As someone who has a set of the RTs, all I can tell you is it all depends on how loud you like to listen. When I've not had a couple of beers I can be content plugging them directly into my M1 MacBook Pro and not even have the volume all the way up. But the sound is a little thin that way. When...
  6. middlemarch

Denon AVR-X3500H AVR Review

Ah, I get you. So really no sweet spot or room correction issues. You must not live cheek to cheek with the neighbors! Edit: Sorry, didn't answer your question. The sub outputs will be fed the same signal, the bass for the left and right channels combined into mono (which it mostly is anyway)...
  7. middlemarch

New HSU VTF-TN1 Subwoofer Intro

Depends on where you live, but the uls-15 from LA to Seattle is $95. Add about $25 for the extra weight of the bigger sub (that's a WAG).
  8. middlemarch

OK, I see. So you've got one sub to each channel of the Crown then? Or are you running it bridged with both subs in parallel? If you're running them separately with the Crown in stereo you really want to use both sub outputs from the Denon, one to each channel. That way you can still adjust...
  9. middlemarch

New HSU VTF-TN1 Subwoofer Intro

Nice to see this, thanks for the heads up Sal! My first HSU post-dates yours by a bit, got it in 2001 and it's still going strong. Joined more recently by a pair of ULS-15s. This new design seems a little more friendly shape wise, and at 85 pounds a bit lighter than the old flagship as well, a...
  10. middlemarch

Not so. Equalization will be applied to both identically by Audessey. But the time delay (phase) is set individually for each output. You want them to be time aligned to each other and to the main speakers prior to application of EQ. Can't time align them to each other if both are run off the...
  11. middlemarch

Vintage speaker shootout

These are all modern redo's of the vintage speakers. I can vouch from first hand experience that the new JBLs sound nothing like their vintage namesakes. The new versions sound really good, at least the L100 Classic I listened to. Nothing like the original L100 from back in the day. I'm one of...
  12. middlemarch

Are Infinity Reference speakers gone?

So maybe that explains why the audio in my 2023 Audi is so great. It's labeled as a B&O system, just the midline one. But it's just amazing sound quality. I wonder how many other car systems are Harman under the hood.
  13. middlemarch

How do people feel about outriggers on speakers?

I use the outriggers on my NHT 3.3s, they're dangerous without them. But not the spikes. Floor is carpeted and with the outriggers the speakers slide just fine (for 123 pounders). With the spikes, forget about it
  14. middlemarch

A Real, Audiophile-Grade, Solution for Hearing Loss on All Devices

I have to modify my above comment a bit. While the installer told me the installation failed, in fact it did deposit the application into my Applications folder. Just now discovered it as I was looking for something else. So the app is there and it launches and appears to run. I can generate a...
  15. middlemarch

Here's hoping the actual software is a bit more robust than the website. Not off to a great start
  16. middlemarch

Downloaded the app to my Macbook Pro. It failed during the install. Tried twice. Sent a message to the developers. Tried to send my system log file which details the install failure, but the message app on their website failed when an attachment was present. Sent the message without the log...
  17. middlemarch

Show us your Cars

I'm on my third Audi, had a 2010 A6 Avant, then a 2016 A7 for 6 years, now a 2023 Allroad. I've actually had pretty good luck in terms of reliability, the A7 had no issues in 54,000 miles. The A7 is definitely the looker of the bunch, but you pay for that in reduced headroom and a slightly...
  18. middlemarch

Moderators, I think it would be really useful if you could aggregate all these hearing and hearing assistance related threads into one place perhaps as a sub category to this one? Or another category altogether. Not sure physical or medically related hearing loss belongs in a psycho acoustics...
  19. middlemarch

I've been bewitched by Bose

Hey, if it works for you, that's really all that matters.
Top Bottom