Search results

1. M

POLL: Which speakers would you pick here for listening to Music & Youtube on PC. (KRK, Kali, JBL)

I'm looking to get some new speakers to connect into my RME ADI-2 DAC that is connected to my desktop computer. I don't produce music. I just want a pair of speakers that will sound great with both low and high-quality sources. Please vote on one of the selections in this poll. Use case &...
  2. M

Is it possible to make a solid-state amp sound like a tube amp? PC>DAC>Speakers setup

So I'm looking to get a new PC speaker setup. I currently have: Focal Aria 906 speakers ADI-2 DAC fs These aren't really near-field speakers but I could try to make them work (2-3 feet away from me). I really like the sound of tube amps. I was considering buying a willsenton R8 to pair with...
  3. M

Looking for great PC nearfield speakers that can play low-quality sources (Spotify & YouTube)

My Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 just died and I would like to upgrade to something a little nicer. I currently have an RME ADI-2 DAC that is connected into my PC (for headphone use). Since I have this DAC I am looking to get some computer desk (nearfield) speakers to plug into it. I like a warmer...
  4. M

Would a WILLSENTON R300 (8w) output enough power for my Focal Aria 906 speakers?

I keep hearing raving reviews about the WILLSENTON tube amps. Would a WILLSENTON R300 with an output of 8w be enough to power for my Focal Aria 906 speakers? Or would I feel my speakers need a more powerful amp? The other option from WILLSENTON is the r8 which outputs 25w. The r8 on paper...
  5. M

Will Focal Shape Twin plug directly into my DAC and that's all I need?

I currently have a RME ADI-2 DAC fs that I use for my headphones. I would like to replace my desktop computer speakers with two Focal Shape Twin speakers. Would I be able to plug these speakers directly into the DAC and be done with it? No amp needed because these are active. I'm new to...
  6. M

Is it possible to EQ warmth into sound via DAC? (speakers: Focal Aria 906)

Im buying a pair of Focal Aria 906 and currently have a RME ADI-2 DAC. I'm researching different amps with prices from $500 to 2000. The more expensive ones giving I guess a more desirable sound. My question is, since I have a really nice DAC, can't I just EQ warmth into the sound so that it...
  7. M

POLL: Should I go focal aria 906 (passive) or Focal Shape 65 (active) for desktop speakers?

I'm looking to buy some nice speakers for my home office. (speaker about 2.5ft from my head, listening to spotfy and watching YT videos). I currently have a RME ADI-2 DAC that I would like to integrate into this setup. I'm considering the focal aria 906 because I can get them for under $1k...
  8. M

Which amp to pair with Focal Aria 906 speakers? (I also have a DAC)

After a ton of research, I think I'm going to get a pair of Focal Aria 906 because I can get them for a good discount ($1,000), and they look and sound great. I also have a RME ADI-2 DAC fs that is a really high-quality DAC I would like to integrate into the setup. So now I'm looking for a...
Top Bottom