Search results

1. ethernode

Is it a bad idea to place speakers near the ceiling (and why)?

Hello everyone, My room will be really challenging (see attached plan), and the most practical location would be above the windows (at 2,30m, ceiling is at 2,55m). My expected main listening position is the couch. I'm pretty sure that it's a terrible idea to place speakers above windows like...
  2. ethernode

MiniDSP 2x4 advanced plugin tutorial: integrating anechoic EQ filters

Hello everyone; i'm relatively new to this, and struggled a bit to setup, so i thought i would share what i learnt. To put things into context, i had the opportunity to buy Kef LS50 (1st gen) for a very low price (380€) and i own a used MiniDSP 2x4 (non-HD, the 48 Khz one, which i bought used...
  3. ethernode

Risk of using DAC - headphone amp as PC DAC upgrade ?

Hi there, I'm looking for a cost efficient way to add high samplerate support (e.g. 192khz) to my laptop on Linux mostly for testing purposes ; I do own a MAudio Fast Track Pro but it's limited to 48khz (because of USB 1.0 limitations). I need it to be plug and play on Linux as well as offer...
  4. ethernode

How to tell if a cable is shielded or not

Hello everyone I have a bunch of rca-rca and rca-jack cables that have no label and I would like to rule out unshielded ones. Is there any way to determine if they are shielded or not (except by cutting them open of course), e.g. by running a REW sweep or recording with audacity next to some...
Top Bottom