Search results

1. ethernode

MiniDSP 2x4 advanced plugin tutorial: integrating anechoic EQ filters

I have been experimenting with a 95hz crossover (sealed), BW 12 dB/Oct for the high pass and LR 24 dB/Oct for the low pass. If I'm not mistaken this should only require 2 biquads for the BW filter. I did this through the minidsp GUI, but i would prefer to use biquads instead so that I can use...
  2. ethernode

Is it a bad idea to place speakers near the ceiling (and why)?

It is an external wall indeed, i was referring to the expected insulation. Sorry if I'm not clear English is not my mother tongue.
  3. ethernode

Lol, that's clearly not happening I'm afraid ! I was assuming that low frequency would pass the wallboard -- at least partially.
  4. ethernode

I didn't mention it in my OP but i did seal them using the provided foam, as my speakers are currently close to a wall and high passed
  5. ethernode

@abdo123 just found your post where you said you recommend 95hz cover, do you still think that ? https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/kef-ls50-and-sub-optimization.31395/#post-1107635 Would you mind sharing some project file for VituixCAD so that I can try to play with...
  6. ethernode

I was thinking of the 140mm / 5-6 inches of mineral wool (thermal isolation) behind the wallboard and above the ceiling. How much is needed to effect 100-200 Hz ? Found this online, not sure it applies
  7. ethernode

Nice ! How high are these ? What's the vertical dispersion angle like with these horns ? No problem with ceiling reflections ?
  8. ethernode

Thanks everyone for your insight. From what I start to gather, near the ceiling it's going to be more complex and probably not worth it precabling for this scenario, even if just measurements can tell. I'm a bit torn... Window-wise, would you say that position C has more potential than...
  9. ethernode

Well, nobody seems to talk about that here, except for one or two rare cases where that option was pretty much rejected. Thanks ! Another question: if I kept the shelf, would it change something to the boundary issue if there were books on the free space between the speakers mentioned by...
  10. ethernode

Oh I'm sorry I didn't mention that all the other speakers in the picture are just alternative placement options, there is just a pair, just for music (not dozens !). Sorry that's confusing I'll edit my OP to clarify. I plan on DSP yes. Precisely that's my worry, i need to plan for cabling and...
  11. ethernode

Hi, thanks for your feedback and advice, thats very useful ! The speaker is a coaxial design and it exhibits similar horizontal and vertical dispersion (60°), and I do use a sub for low frequency, with EQ (minidsp). I could very much remove the shelf (i was thinking of experimenting speaker...
  12. ethernode

Are you saying that because at high power the LS50 will suffer producing 80 Hz ?
  13. ethernode

Hello everyone, My room will be really challenging (see attached plan), and the most practical location would be above the windows (at 2,30m, ceiling is at 2,55m). My expected main listening position is the couch. I'm pretty sure that it's a terrible idea to place speakers above windows like...
  14. ethernode

Thanks for spending the time ! I see a larger bump on the 100 Hz one, and horizontal directivity seems smoother with 80 Hz xover, but i'm not sure because the scale is not the same (i opened both images in 2 tabs to compare) -- not to be picky ! What's your analysis ? I'm guessing the phase...
  15. ethernode

Btw my sub is sealed, shouldn't it matter for the low pass slope ?
  16. ethernode

I don't know how @Maiky76 did generate the crossover, he did not say how, but apparently he took the filters without the high pass, then determined a custom high pass that allows to keep the lowest frequency filters (vs the the 24 dB LR high pass I was about to use).
  17. ethernode

Nice, thanks ! What about a 100 Hz crossover ? Yes sub is in LFE already ;)
  18. ethernode

I understand, but can you elaborate why ? Note that i do not intend to correct high frequencies with in-room measurements.
Top Bottom