Search results

1. S

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

I was looking at a Yamaha RX-A4A Aventage ($1649) before Christmas, and now it dropped to $1149, causing some other sellers to drop their price too. A similarly priced Denon model also dropped to the same price range on their own website ($1199). Let the after Christmas price wars begin:p BTW...
  2. S

Hearing Loss & new gear

I'm gradually losing hearing in my right ear, likely from way too many rock concerts. I had them checked and lavaged (a fancy term to charge you $250 to flush them out with a large bulb of warm water), but sadly it didn't make much difference because it's likely happening behind the ear drum...
  3. S

Zero-emission vehicles, their batteries & subsidies/rebates for them.- No politics regarding the subsidies!

Yeah, hydrogen was supposed to be the next big thing, until the cost of producing concentrated hydrogen came into play. Then there were the jokes about a million "Hindenburgs" out on the highways.:p
  4. S

Zero-emission vehicles, their batteries & subsidies/rebates for them.- No politics regarding the subsidies!

I'd be happy to drive an EV, if some elitist would like to buy me a Tesla.:p But seriously, they are way too much of a fire hazard. Google "EV fires" and click on "images." Just wait until all the Homeowner's Insurance companies start charging you extra for owning one. They deal with real world...
  5. S

Just bought a pair of Genelec 8330A.

I'm no where near the audiophile level of you guys, but I'm hooked on these (after running SAM). The clarity is superb to my old ears, but they were in bad need of a subwoofer, so I tried running through my Yamaha HS8S, and I love them even more. I have an RME Babyface Pro interface, so the...
Top Bottom