Search results

1. teashea

Sennheiser HD490 Pro Headphones

First, the build quality is very good - considering that they are mostly plastic. But the plastic finish quality is good and the construction feels solid. The comfort, for me, is very good. More comfortable than the Neumanns. The light weight is a benefit. As far as sound, I was...
  2. teashea

Audio Technology articles on mixing with headphones

There are two new articles in Audio Technology which I find very interesting. https://www.audiotechnology.com/tutorials/mixing-with-headphones-1 https://www.audiotechnology.com/tutorials/mixing-with-headphones-2
  3. teashea

Front wall reflections

An interesting video testing front wall reflections and monitor placement relative to the front wall. This dispels some myths that have been floating around (including some criticisms of my monitor placement for workstations in my studio).
  4. teashea

Hearing Detail - Speakers or Headphones?

Until fairly recently I always relied on headphones (Neumann NDH20's and 30's, Focal mulitiple models, Audeze LCD-X etc), rather than monitors when I wanted to hear fine details in a recording that I was producing. However, when I purchased Neumann monitors (KH120's/KH750, KH310's and KH150's)...
  5. teashea

SPL Phonitor 2 ?

I need a headphone amplifier with a LR balance control. I found this one at Sweetwater. There does not seem to be a review of this one on ASR. Does anyone have any comments? Thanks
  6. teashea

Headphone amplifier with balance control

I am looking for a small headphone amplifier with balance control. It does not have to have a DAC. I would like to spend no more than $200. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks
  7. teashea

Audient iD4 as headphone amplifier

I recently purchased a new generation Audient 4816SE console for my studio. I needed a headphone amplifier to use with it. After considering the possibilities I decided to purchase an Audient iD4 audio interface to use as a headphone amplifier. This was partly based on the very good review by...
  8. teashea

Nearfield and the effects of room reflections

Would it be correct to say that the nearer one's listening position is to the monitors, the less effect there is from room reflections?
  9. teashea

The bottom octave

I would be interested in the thoughts of others regarding the significance of the bottom octave in music/speakers. It seems that in the real world, there is very little music produced that has any content below 40 Hz. My understanding from other forums is that none of the major labels...
  10. teashea

Audient iD4

Just a short one here ----- I purchased an Audient 4816SE console and needed a headphone amplifier for it. I wound up purchasing an Audient iD4 audio interface to use as a headphone amplifier. It had the correct input and output typles and it has a very good headphone amplifier. I have...
Top Bottom