Search results

1. J

What are we listening to right now..

https://deezer.page.link/iPtUij93jsrCKJ439
  2. J

Audiophonics HPA-S400ET Review (Stereo Amplifier)

Side story, I have a pair of home built and assembled speakers whose kit I ordered because I believed in the specs and were within my budget and I wanted the diy challenge. It took me long to finish them but now they are to me the element in my system which i’m happiest with, probably because of...
  3. J

Topping E70 randomly went to MAX volume..

Hi @Smoey22 , I have bought exactly that passive preamp when I bought my Purifi power amp (no much budget left). It worked fine with a Topping E30 and with a Schiit Modi+ which both have unbalanced outputs, and then from the passive preamp to the power amp with unbalanced too. I tried then...
  4. J

Denafrips Ares II + Topping Pre90 impedance issue

Hi again. It’s not exactly like that. I own a Pre90 (which currently is back at where i bought it from because of loud popping noises) and would like to upgrade from my Topping E30 (RCA output) to an Ares. I am considering these impedance issues which have been mentioned to decide if I pull the...
  5. J

Denafrips Ares II + Topping Pre90 impedance issue

Hi Veri. Does that mean that i would get a better impedance match or better sound quality going from an Ares II to the Pre90 via RCA than via XLR?
  6. J

Loud popping noises from Topping Pre90

Hi @Neufneuf , I am experiencing similar problems with my Pre90, they began yesterday morning out of the blue, until then it had been working perfectly for the almost 2 weeks I have had it. So popping happened: volume made pops, specially in some certain db numbers, changing source made pops...
  7. J

Topping E30 II DAC Review

Respect for this! I am in it for the same reason, and that keeps me coming back here to check info and experiences on devices that I am considering buying. However I no longer feel for discussing any (subjective) impression I might have on devices here, after I was put on my place for trying to...
  8. J

Great recordings of classical music

Perhaps I should have thought about it before firing it off on a foreign language, I meant more like goosebumps becoming smiles of pure chemical processes in my brain :)
  9. J

Coming back to the topic, I was listening with joy this recording today: Sergiù Celibidache: Brahms: Ein Deutsches Requiem/Symphony No.1 https://tidal.com/album/1356286 I know, there are fans and haters of maestro’s tempo choices. I just enjoyed it today with my just arrived @Audiophonics...
  10. J

Inspiring surroundings for music and lecture enjoyment! But as you mentioned and you are absolutely right, we have gotten off topic. Maybe a new thread on live concerts and performances could come out of this de route? Even though it is hard to relate directly to home audio enjoyment, must think...
  11. J

That looks cozy, almost like a private concert with the added breakfast. The microphones around made me think of a recording session, but they have perhaps electroacustic purposes? So nice that series like that have been going on for years and that they are still happening.
  12. J

Hi @computer-audiophile sorry for the late reply to this post. Very interesting cello part, looks as if it could be played upside down as well! And very interesting way of seating, whose music are they performing/recording? Best regards
  13. J

Audiophonics HPA-S400ET Review (Stereo Amplifier)

Hi everyone, I need some advice. I am about to receive this passive preamp https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/preamplifier-and-volume-control/passive-preamplifier-converter-rca-to-xlr-xlr-to-rca-silver-p-12360.html which I ordered together with an HPA-S400ET. At the moment and until I have the...
  14. J

Topping E30 vs Schiit Modi+ sound

May I ask you a technical question, I should be receiving my Audiophonics HPA-S400ET the coming week and I plan using the E30 preamp function together with it as a volume control. That should be fine and danger free right?. I used all my budget on that amp so I shall find out how to work around...
  15. J

Hi @don’ttrustauthority, interesting thread. I will read it tonight in peace. Is the later question for me or for @Hapo ? Best regards
  16. J

I agree partially. I respect deeply the science behind any measured test, but I still have the free choice to judge which piece of equipment I like the best (sound wise or feature wise) in order to keep. If all DACs sounded the same we should all buy the cheapest one ever and stop longing for...
  17. J

Nice to hear your thoughts on these matters. I realised that i might have misposted this thread, since this is Audio Science Review, not audio individual perception review, so my mistake from the very beginning! I still differ from your opinion in that I do hear differences, at least minimal...
  18. J

Topping E30 II DAC Review

Hi Tony @Twotone I owned a D10 which I basically only used to improve a Chromecast audio via toslink, one day one channel died and I bought the E30 first version to replace it. It works great in all of its inputs. As said works fine with the Chromecast via toslink, then I have used it to...
  19. J

@computer-audiophile cello is also one of my favorite instruments. I play the double bass so I follow closely my “closer” relative in the string family. Btw I really like as well Enrico Dindo’s Bach suites recordings, though I am not sure they are available for streaming
Top Bottom