Search results

1. H

Room treatment - HT vs Music

I've heard there would be difference in how you treat a room. Can someone explain those differences or point me to resources. Also can you blend the two without major compromise. I seem to listen to music about 80% to 20% movies and im thinking of changing how I treat the room to heavily...
  2. H

What is your favorite house curve

This is amazing. THANK YOU!!!!
  3. H

Ascend Acoustics Announces New Klippel NFS-Optimized Sierra Towers and Horizon Center

I’d like to get @Dennis Murphy opinion on that. I think I’ve heard him say that he doesn’t believe mono testing is the proper way compare speakers. I think we are just scratching the surface with about our understanding of small room acoustic. I think Floyd did amazing work but my guess would...
  4. H

Ascend Acoustics Announces New Klippel NFS-Optimized Sierra Towers and Horizon Center

The shipping weight with the double boxing and packing was 50lbs per ups if that helps
  5. H

I agree with his review completely. That is exactly what these speakers are like.
  6. H

What is your favorite house curve

Could you point me in the direction of information on doing it the right way you referred to. I have only come across the many discussion on tutorials on target room curves. I have the same speakers as @dataman above. I have audyssey not Dirac but think I can get Dirac if needed. Thanks!
  7. H

Polk vs Revel vs Kef - Polk sale throwing a wrench in my plans

Right he asked what I went with though. It was an old post that I started towards the beginning of my search. Many here argue passionately that monitors with subs are just as good as towers…they make a compelling argument. If so the new ascend monitors should perform just as well if crossed...
  8. H

Yep that’s it. @SpeakerSeeker I had the same question. The website doesn’t get the most up to date info. They are busy enough keeping up with all the orders they have coming in from the forums apparently. They have monitors monitor too. One made for more low end one made for more dynamic...
  9. H

Apple HomePod (2nd Gen) (2023)

Apple has their own anechoic chamber with all sorts of tech built in…Cost more than most speakers company whole RD budget combined. But after the original HomePod was a commercial flop they are more concerned about headphones/pods. With Apple what you are going to get is a company that is...
  10. H

even the old ones supported AC this drops to N
  11. H

That’s not the market for this product but it’s an easy fix. Get and external power charger pack that has a usb c port. They are pretty cheap and can power if for hours. I use it for all sort of devices to make them battery operated
  12. H

Personally I wasn't a big fan of the Kefs, Ends up I like wide dispersion...ymmv. I ruled out the Polks after further considersation I bought the Revels and they are great. I also bought Ascend ELX and they are phenomenal. In the end I'm keeping the Ascend. The revel are truly great...
  13. H

Zero surge and surgeX are overpriced as hell

Wow that’s expensive! They are definitely selling you fear not value I would think it’s cost a fraction of a fraction to be sure your homeowners or renters insurance covers that with a full replacement/upgrade rider. Aww golly gee my Hypex nc400s, denon 3700, etc got fried. Thank you for...
  14. H

KEF LS50 Meta vs KEF R3

I could be off base here but I would not rely on room correction for the main-sub integration. At least audessy/denon have never spit out a descent setup for me.
  15. H

Speaker pair under $6k

Yeah those do look super. I found powered speakers to be a pain with all those XLR and powers cable going everywhere though.
  16. H

Speaker pair under $6k

It was a tough choice but I went with ascend ELX by a hair over the BMR.
  17. H

Speaker pair under $6k

Thinking things might have improved in the last 8 yrs and I could do better??? I have the revel c208. But I’m not a timbre matching die hard. Though I wasn’t aware of the potential XO issues you brought up. Good to know
  18. H

Speaker pair under $6k

Sounds interesting! Googling them right now
  19. H

Speaker pair under $6k

Good to know Denon 3700 with LCR in preamp mode powered by Hypex amps. Audyssey MultEQ XT32 It’s definitely sounds great but reading/watching so many reviews I thought maybe I could do better
  20. H

Speaker pair under $6k

Hmmmm. Ok. I might have been reading too much about latest and greatest new speakers. For $6k I would be looking for a significant improvement. Thanks EQ yes but no bass traps. I thought big bass traps were a thing of the past…again maybe falling victim to reading to much of the newest thing.
Top Bottom