Search results

1. S

What DAP to buy for use with Sennheiser IE600

For me the main problem is streaming from Apple Music. UAPP doesnt support it. Ended up getting the iBasso DX320 and couldnt be happier. Did blind A/B tests (me and 4 of my friends) and all of them preferred the output from the DX320 as compared to Questyle M15 + Z Fold 5 or S22 Ultra.
  2. S

Being in India, Tidal and Qobhz are no longer an option post foreign currency payment restriction on domestic cards. Hence only option is to fall back to Apple Music. The DAPs I am looking at support Android Global Losless Audio (AGLO). Hence Apple Music should work. This is the only reason I am...
  3. S

Thank you for the warm welcome. Unfortunately I cant test that in the current situation as I am mostly sure the Android Audio Driver is screwing with the audio. What I did try is using the same dongle and IEM connected to my PC (high end) and play the same file using Apple Music. This resulted...
  4. S

Thank you for your response. I have tried Wavelet and it does not do anything noticeable with Apple Music. Tried UAPP and found that local Flac files (16 bit, 44.1khz) sound better than playing lossless from Apple Music. This tells me that Android is screwing up the audio by resampling. Would...
  5. S

Hi All, I recently got myself a pair of Sennheiser IE600. Right now I am using them with my Z Fold 5 via the Questyle M15. While this setup is good, I am not sure if Apple Music is bitstreaming or Android is resampling the audio. Hence thinking if I will get better audio from a DAP. Some of the...
  6. S

Marantz Cinema 50 installed

Couldnt do a blind as I need my eyes open to change the banana plugs between the avrs. ;) The test was done in my bed room where I have the whole setup. So feedback is based om room.accoustics as well (room has no accoustic treatment with concrete wall)
  7. S

Listened to both of them back to back with the Polk R700s. The SR8015 provides a wider sound stage and bass sounds tighter. I am not saying the Cinema50 was bad, but felt a bit restrictive in the sound stage. The pitch and tone of the singers voice seems a lot more natural with the SR8015.
  8. S

Replaced the Cinema50 with the SR8015. Audio sounds a lot better. Wider and better sound stage. Bass is tigher and more defined.
  9. S

Got the Cinema50 but it turned out faulty. Thr rear right height channel had hissing and popping issues even without an Atmos track playing. Updating firmware, resetting etc didnt help so sent it back. Back to using the old TX RZ800 and found that it sounds better (tighter bass and wider sound...
  10. S

Speaker/AV system upgrade

Hello All, I need some advice regarding my Home theater upgrade. My current setup: Onkyo TX RZ800 (5.1.2) Jamo S625 5 channel speaker package Onkyo Upfiring atmos speakers Elac Sub 211D I am using this system in my master bedroom which measures 3x5 m (rented apartment with no option of sound...
Top Bottom