Search results

1. D

Canton Reference 2023 - is it now Reference grade?

Canton came out this year with nice looking new Reference line. From the looks, we can notice there are lot of improvements on the cabin. Now even the front baffle is rounded like bowers and Wilkins and even the top and bottom. Seems like audio and stereoplay already have measurements of them...
  2. D

Kef r series / references and shadow flare fitment

Last day I visited a showroom where I demoed several Kef speakers from reference metas to the the old R Series. In the older R series like many mentioned the shadow flare was misaligned but upon pushing it in it stays in place, but another thing I noticed was the gap between the driver edge and...
  3. D

KEF and their slopping response, neutral ?!

Its ideal to have a flat on axis response and a slopping off axis response of the same pattern. KEF‘s on axis is slopping, compared to other speakers. Yet when I tried listening to Reference (non meta version) it sounded very harsh, bright, despite the 6 db sinking in treble region. Now I am...
  4. D

Hi resolution audio and extended treble response!

I undertand hi res audio is Not something which would have an audible difference. Let’s ignore that now, and can anyone explain why Sonys website has two diagrams contradicting to each other here? Above shows hi resolution means you have some information added above 20khz! Below one shows how...
  5. D

Passive pre, what potentiometer to use

I want to connect a passive potentiometer between my dac Topping e30ii and a power amp Arcam P80. What should I look for while selecting the potentiometer ? For example: alps rk27 100k, 50k and so on..
  6. D

Epos es14n with 7 inch midwoofer, directivity??

thisspeaker has a 7 inch midwoofer which is larger than normal, is it hard to get the directivity right on them? Or, it depends on the crossover point ?
  7. D

Topping "Preamps" simply an extension of headphone out as RCA sockets?

As title suggests, are the Preamp outs on the Topping headphone amps, just a alternate type of Socket of their headphone jack? Are they connected in parallel? Or is there are dedicated Preamp stage specially designed inside those amps? When I checked the specs of their headphone outs and Preamp...
  8. D

Kef blade 2 meta frequency response

Why does this speaker have so much artificial boost in mid bass ? Kefs own references doesn’t have this tuning.
  9. D

T+A speakers and their directivity

I recently came across these speakers website: Normally most hifi speakers website don’t talk much about their directivity, but here I see they are talking about constant directivity through their waveguide. But I see their woofer and midranges not flush to the baffles. Can it still produce a...
  10. D

Active monitors and Hi quality dacs

Since all the active monitors have to convert the signal to digital before diving them to seperate amps, isnt Hi quality DACs pointless with them? No matter how high the SNR they can provide, it will only be played at the SNR the internal ADC has. How is the scene with HI res audio here? For...
  11. D

Poor directivity with good on axis response is really bad?

HI everyone, this is my first post here. I had been following this forum for long, but I think its time that I pitch in for asking something which had been bothering me for some time. Attached is an example of a speaker with a decent frequency response, and distortion figures. But when I look at...
Top Bottom