Search results

1. Bobesku

BOXEM Audio | Arthur 4215/E2 Purifi Amplifier | Owners' Thread

Quick update: My previous amp Arcam SA20 came back from repairs. And I plugged it into my chain just as a pre-amp. Now low volume listening sounds fantastic. The mid-high levels were already top! It seems that in my case, using the Topping E50 dac as a preamp was not the best solution for low...
  2. Bobesku

OK. Thanks for your input. I was thinking that maybe if the Arcam SA20 has resistive ladder volume control circuit, that would be on equal terms with the control of the Topping L70 as a preamp (or other Topping devices that wok as preamps as well - A70 Pro or A90 Discrete). The RME ADI2 DAC is...
  3. Bobesku

Hi, regarding the cables, as I have posted in this thread earlier, I was unlucky with my Cordial cable. Second attempt with a Sssnake cable just fixed it but I could have gone wrong with that one too. If boXem had a TRS-XLR cable in their offer I would have bought that from day one. I have also...
  4. Bobesku

Hello. I have received my amp yesterday. It looks really nice and my first SUBJECTIVE impression is really good. The sound is incredible. I have discovered some new details on my tracks. The power is clearly a step up and the control and "grip" is right there. Compared to my former amp Arcam...
  5. Bobesku

What would be the best way to connect this amp with a Topping E50 DAC? RCA -> XLR or TRS -> XLR? (good/recommended cables will be used) Topping E50 specs extract below: MEASUREMENTS @ USB, 96KHZ THD+N @ A-Weighting Single-ended: < 0.0001% @ 1kHz Balanced : < 0.00009% @ 1kHz THD @...
  6. Bobesku

Upgrade Advice: NCx500 vs NC502 + Topping A90 Discrete as a replacement for Arcam SA20

It seems that my dillema is over, at least for the time being. I have chosen a great amp - boXem Arthur 4215/E2. Just seen an offer for a refurbished unit and I pulled the trigger. I am confident that it would serve me well and bye bye trigger options head scratching or amp capabilty what-ifs...
  7. Bobesku

Topping L70 Headphone Amp Review

@bearcatsandor This is great news! I can definitely live with that. I think I would like it as well, although planning to use it as a preamp for power amp and large speakers, so no tactile feedback for me as I will be 4 meters away from it. Thank you very much for this!
  8. Bobesku

Topping L70 Headphone Amp Review

Does this usual behavior of relay volume control happens every time, upon each input change? Or is it also dependent on other variables in the chain? I mean, I get it that it's an engineered tech to make channel balance perfect but in return it ruins UX... I'm not sure what I would pick, tbh?
  9. Bobesku

Upgrade Advice: NCx500 vs NC502 + Topping A90 Discrete as a replacement for Arcam SA20

Hello, I was such a happy puppy until one day... My Arcam SA20 amp started to have intermittent channel issues... And now it's at the service waiting for repair... So, in the meantime I have started my own upgrade plan, just in case something goes wrong or if I want to upgrade my quality of...
  10. Bobesku

How and why: Installing a 12V trigger in a cheap TPA3251 based amplifier from Audiophonics

So, after a bit of thinking I realized this method presented here is the best option. Therefore, I have done the same mods but using a 5 volt relay module to work with USB voltage and all is working perfectly. It was a bit annoying to solder the heavier wire at the switch, but even for a newbe...
  11. Bobesku

How and why: Installing a 12V trigger in a cheap TPA3251 based amplifier from Audiophonics

Thanks for the reply. Well, to be honest I don't have such a big pop... I mean, I can barely hear it now. I had a ground-loop issue that I fixed by grounding the AMP chassis to the AVR chassis, and that seems to have also solved the pop thing and some hiss in the speakers as well. So, my actual...
  12. Bobesku

I was thinking of building an external box with this kind of relay module. I need to control an Aiyima A07 amp by using an USB connection from an old Yamaha AVR. So my idea would be not to butcher the interior as I am not skilled with soldering and also my model has a very large heatskink...
  13. Bobesku

MSO - Integrating subs in stereo setup (unusual - high level connections)

I don't think it's an issue related to Classic Q, but a maximum wider range for both types - especially for RBJ types. On MSO - Filter Compatibility With Available Hardware and Software we get this: Beginning in version 1.23 of MSO, you can specify "Parametric EQ (RBJ)" filters, which use the...
  14. Bobesku

OK, so I have confirmation from SVS Support (Ed Mullen representing SVS) that my sealed subs SB1000 Pro are using LPF of type Butterworth and the filter Q type used is Classic (not RBJ). Going forward, and after using a couple of MSO optimize runs with various results and crossovers, I have...
  15. Bobesku

Couldn't wait, so I've put the settings in the Subs. Along with that, I have added LPF to the subs and MSO tuned them one at 83Hz and the other at 150Hz. Now enjoying a movie session at low volume, around 30-35db in-room noise. I can hear some new sounds in the lower register. But that's all I...
  16. Bobesku

Well, it's starting to look nice. This is the starting base, see below After some tweaks, using Audiofrog House Curve And my latest run, with a flat target (no house curve) Now, all I have to do is implement them into the Subs DSP, have a good listen and REW measurements to remove...
  17. Bobesku

Thank you! You have made my day with this brilliant idea. Also, I was about to ask SVS team about the Q type. Will get back with results at some point soon. Thank you once again!
  18. Bobesku

Yes, that confusion still lingers in my mind, what Q does the SVS DSP use? I will start tweaking and once I'm satisfied with the results will measure them with REW to get a complete feedback on what has actually changed. No way to high-pass the towers, my amp does not have such capabilities...
  19. Bobesku

Thank you for your input. Awesome stuff. I was about to give MSO a no-go and to focus more on REW Alignment tool results which is what my subs are using now. I will fiddle and implement your tips today and get back with my findings.
  20. Bobesku

Do you know if it's a good ideea or what's the best way to tweak MSO and or actual REW measurements in order to integrate subs with a stereo amp without any means of using a dedicated processor like minDSP? But instead using the DSP included in the Subwoofers? What I want to achieve is having...
Top Bottom