Search results

1. D

Proposal: Right to Fair Review (RFR) Association

Many excellent points. I will make a few points: 1) I would first suggest that a threat of a lawsuit is one thing, actual legal action quite different. So, while you are not advocating this, Amir, let's be careful to not over-react. 2) Good idea for ASR, as a significant platform, is to...
  2. D

Dayton Audio OPAL1 speaker launches

Yikes, I didn't see that. Good thing I have an at home nuclear power amplifier to drive them.
  3. D

Dayton Audio OPAL1 speaker launches

These lool like they could have potential. Seems like Parts Express' most elaborate effort to date in affordable speakers...
  4. D

Revel F206 Tower Speaker Review

OK, thanks for the correction. I never mind being corrected if I state something wrong. I did say "I believe" as in appearance they looked very similar to the SBA ceramic coated aluminum drivers, which by the way are terrific drivers, as I own a few. If those are Revel's own design, sourced...
  5. D

Revel F206 Tower Speaker Review

In the last year of the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest I heard a Revel tower played through Mark Levinson amp and DAC. I must say they were among the best sounding speakers at the show, IMHO. Thus I am not surprised by this review. Those Revels I believe had the ceramic SB Acoustic mid-woofers...
  6. D

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

I doubt that. I think you play the subjective vs objective card and division too strongly. Few if any audio companies have aggressively gone after reviewers over the years. Most cannot afford anything but a bluff in a letter. PS Audio does not do any better because of ASRs mostly negative...
  7. D

Oh, wow, that cheap, I had better erase a few zeros then! ;)
  8. D

As far as I am concerned, Amir has spoken, and in a rather generous and astounding manner, in support of Erin, so it is up to Erin to determine next steps. I have voiced my strong opinion in several posts, and feel at this point no need to comment further and will bow out of this thread as a...
  9. D

This is an astounding statement and offer of the highest integrity, and speaks to your commitment to the transparent philosophy -- and necessity of -- fact-based and honest product reviews. I only can give you Kudos, Amir. I am beyond impressed.
  10. D

Please tell that to Road and Track, Car and Driver, Stereophile, Consumer Reports, New York Times Book Review, PC World, Wine Spectator, etc., etc. Product reviews, measurements and even teardowns are a long accepted and practiced exercise within American capitalism, and consumer product...
  11. D

It would be interesting to have Amir review the same product if the review sample still exists. Two Klippel measurements, the second impeccably done by ASR, would be irrefutable in terms of objective analysis. That might provide the best and highest road to take, and the most truthful.
  12. D

Getting into this late and without time to read the entire threads, but: Virtually any products, by law, are open to review in the U.S. based on 1st amendment rights and case history. That right can get complicated if a judge or jury determines there is malice or purposeful intent to defame or...
  13. D

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

If I didn't have about 6 Hypex UCD 180 modules in my closet I would just by two or four of these.
  14. D

The Waxwing Thread

Been contemplating one as only a scant few DACs or Streamers have an analog in. I am no vinyl purist so I will gladly take the DSP features.
  15. D

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

Holy crap! This is not April Fool's Joke. 140 clams for that performance, or $280 for two channels. Yeeesh.
  16. D

Best 'Bang for your buck' IEM - Poll

Ah, too bad. But lack of comfort = lack of enjoyable experience. I have seen a few very positive subjective reviews of the new Fiio JT1, including by the mad man Zeos on You Tube. Would love to see it measured here.
  17. D

That's too bad. I'm sure you tried the various sized tips. On a separate thread specific to the Zero some folks talked about alternative tips, but if you returned it too late for that. Personally this is my first IEM, and I prefer over the ear, but for convenience I got the Zeros, and I have...
  18. D

Less than 2 weeks into the Zero Red and till totally enamored of it. For less than $50 on Amazon, an astoundingly great buy!
  19. D

Ascend Sierra-1 V2 Speaker Review

Seems like 1K of goodness to me.
  20. D

The meaning of life

That's a good philosophy. Carlos Santa once described us as something like a bunch of cosmic mutts zooming through an ever-expanding universe. In many ways we are a thoughtless, careless, helpless and pathetic species. Certainly art, and very much so music, serves as one of the better parts...
Top Bottom