Search results

1. A

Topping A70 Pro HP & Preamp Review

I have an A90D unopened in box just arrived, saw this thread and thought I’d be doing a return But all this QC issues makes it easy to open the A90D box up HiFiMan HE1000SE and HE-R10P, and Sennheiser HD820, going to be fun to compare these Running D90SE/A90D stack
  2. A

Polk R700 Review by Audioholics

I’m usually always chasing the latest greatest new stuff yet the L800 seem like some of the most unique speakers out - at least from a main brand Their imaging has been incredible and fun
  3. A

Polk R700 Review by Audioholics

following up on this - ended up finding the L800s for $3k open box like new, so far they're very fun (L800 + miniDSP SHD + Hypex Nilai 500 monoblocks)
  4. A

Hypex Nilai500DIY Amplifier Review

Hypex support confirmed the Nilai 500 monoblock is a single ended amplifier. I.e. the amp Does-Not have a differential output
  5. A

Removing the proprietary cable defeats the purpose of the L800 and its SDA, cross talk cancellation *NEWS - George from Deer Creek Audio - where I bought Nilai 500 monoblocks has confirmed these ARE compatible with Polk L800! Woot - “The Nilai 500 Monoblocks are not bridged internally. They...
  6. A

L800 have a proprietary cable connecting L/R speakers
  7. A

Submitted a ticket with Hypex and Deer Creek Audio Will definitely circle back here
  8. A

Ah back to ground zero Very confused how a passive speaker can destroy an amp - yes the L800 SDA is unique but destroy an amp is very confusing
  9. A

Are the monoblocks a “Fully Differential” amp? I was thinking about pairing this with Polk L800 but those speakers need a single ended Amp
  10. A

Denon AVR-A1H

I've had the Hypex Nilai 500 mono blocks for a few weeks now, much comparison. and I cannot hear the diff between A1H and the Nilai mono blocks (good problem) I have Polk L600 L/R and L400 currently and am adding L800's as new L/R so I will need the extra power after all but def cannot hear the...
  11. A

My Nilai 500 mono blocks finally shipped! Excited to compare the them to the Denon A1H on the Polk L600's which have been a blast for a couple months now.
  12. A

Denon AVR-A1H

Hypex shipping dates keep extending, currently estimated delivery mid-May For the A1H + Polk L600's, for stereo, I listen at about 70-75 for volume. 75-77 volume gets to about 80-85db. Sounds amazing, no complaints yet yes, still curious for the Hypex Nilai's!
  13. A

Denon AVR-A1H

@broncogr good catch, yes hopefully gets fixed soon by Dirac/Denon
  14. A

Denon AVR-A1H

An aspect of the Denon I had not thought of before the purchase that is becoming very clear should have been part of the purchase decision, is that the mobile apps are pretty good (beyond just existing) I do not think many of the competitors have mobile apps like Denon Monoprice and Emotiva...
  15. A

Denon AVR-A1H

All set up now! Currently only a 3.1 L/R/C, adding front heights once they're in stock and rear once I have time for wiring First few hours of impression - the amp is great / major upgrade from my old old and cheap cheap hardware The UI for setup is good. The manual is almost more confusing...
  16. A

Denon AVR-A1H

I do not think the older models have enough processing power
  17. A

Denon AVR-A1H

The A1H arrived yesterday, exterior box is quite beat up looking but have not opened yet. Hard kombucha and setting this up = TGIFridayyyyy :) Got to give a shoutout to Denon on the manual, it is well done.
  18. A

Denon AVR-A1H

Yes but also test out either with the 2 presets, Dirac will prob win and then you'll have your 2nd preset for Stereo available once again :cool:
  19. A

Denon AVR-A1H

Dirac is available now! https://www.dirac.com/online-store/denon-avr-avc-a1h/?utm_campaign=denon_dirac_launch&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=69763776&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--6tCJqhJsacrbNjj2dgn3z-IeNFAFUO-YCTyFEjRU7BRaY70Gk9cz4gFfVyNOsWkxnqYrLO6W__Ds8-1QNW6rC1xf30A&utm_content=69763776&utm_source=hs_email
Top Bottom