Search results

1. R

Any way to obtain an accurate and smooth distortion percentage chart for speakers?

I can obtain good frequency response, directivity, and other useful information when measuring speakers outdoor, but when it comes to harmonic distortion, I encounter difficulties. The background noise outdoors is too loud. It's not a problem for measuring high sound pressure levels, but when it...
  2. R

How to handle a large orchestral mix?

I received a very large orchestral multitrack project, which includes: 1. Mono recording with each instrument. 2. Overall ST tracks with ORTF and AB versions. There are also several ROOM tracks. 3. Decca L/C/R tracks. 4. SurrL/SurrR/Out LR/Out RF/Out RR/Out LF tracks. 5. L&R tracks, along with...
  3. R

Some questions about headphone preamp THD+N vs Power Chart

DUT sheet shows this data. and here is my steps of measuring. 1. I use cosmos Loadboard ,switch to unbalanced and 32ohm,plugin to headphone output, and use multimeter to read the Vrms and calibrate REW generator to the actual reading. 2.I plug XLR out from loadboard to cosmos ADC input, and...
  4. R

Sooo many questions about preamp Equivalent Input Noise (EIN) measurement. please help!!!

I encountered a significant setback while studying the process of measuring the Equivalent Input Noise (EIN) of a microphone preamp. There are several tutorials on EIN measurement available online, but I have many areas of confusion, which has resulted in me spending over a week without fully...
  5. R

I cannot find the gain or preamp options when creating EQ impulse file in REW for EQAPO convolution.

As stated in the title, I don’t want to switch to tools like rephase and I want to complete all of my EQ impulse file creation within REW. However, it seems that a basic gain option is missing, which is causing red overdrive in the EQAPO display after applying gain to any frequency range...
  6. R

When I test the mic channel (ADC), does turning the 48V selection on and off make a huge change in the parameters?

I want to test the harmonic distortion and noise floor produced by different audio interface when recording, but I have many questions: 1. What is the difference between the microphone signal and the line out signal? Is the THD+N measured by connecting the line out to the mic interface useful...
  7. R

How do I change the exact ohms value when measuring THD+N vs Power for a headphone amp? (33Ohm&300Ohm)

I'm trying to do the same thing as Amir but with Multi-instrument, but since I'm just starting out with this measurement, I have a lot of unanswered questions, the biggest one being how do I control the Ohm value? I use Cosmos E1DA ADC as input, and I will buy APU in the future, is there...
Top Bottom