Search results

1. N

JBL HDI-1600 Speaker Review

Speaker break-in is not a can of worms I intend to open here. My "fifty hours" comment was mostly that I'd heard enough of them to have a pretty decent idea of where they succeed and where they fall short. Of course the longer I listen to them, the better that understanding becomes. I'll...
  2. N

About fifty hours of play time on 'em, enough to form an opinion, I think. They do pretty much everything well, if somewhat elevated/full in the low end. Tone controls sort it out without getting too fussy (I don't have PEQ or treatment, but eventually I'll get there). Things like Balmorhea...
  3. N

What irked me wasn’t that there were discussions on these types of nuance, but that they were broad and general and not specific to the speaker in question. Re-read the first ten or so pages, it’s largely free of conversation about the speaker from anyone who actually heard it. EDIT: For...
  4. N

Just to put a point on it/say my piece: a pretty good chunk of this thread was discussing the processes of measurement and speaker design broadly, without much conversation on the speaker itself. The final ten or so pages of this thread did have some good discourse from users who listened to the...
  5. N

I think there were about 3-4 pages where folks were debating what's a waveguide and what's a horn. I think I blacked out and awoke in a cold sweat about halfway through the argument.
  6. N

Have had the JBLs for a week or so but have only been able to throw about ten or so hours at them. No significant issues in my room I've noticed. While there's probably some taming that could be achieved by EQ/treatment, the sound that's coming out of the speakers is enjoyable so far. P.S. I...
  7. N

I own the Denon already, it’s not a new purchase
  8. N

These would be used for two channel vinyl playback with a Denon PMA-1700NE. I have plans to get some basic room treatment done in the coming year or so and the savings on these would get me there a bit quicker. Planning to get the GIK 242/244 (or DIY equivalent) two on front wall, two on rear...
  9. N

Why would room treatments have to be huge? Your assessment seems to be fairly doom and gloom for listening to literally anything in my space, which seems...odd.
  10. N

How do folks like these in small (12x12) rooms? "Bloated bass" concerns me a little.
  11. N

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

They have a one year warranty for anyone on the fence. Depending on if you buy with certain credit cards, you can usually get another year or two of warranty coverage. I bought a pair of PSB P5s for F/R in my new 3.0 apartment HT setup (along with a C10 I also got from TAF). I know they aren't...
  12. N

Extra 15% off The Audio Factory (NAD/PSB/Dali/Bluesound) with "WINTER15" code.
  13. N

I tried calling Revel directly but their phone wasn't taking calls for some reason
  14. N

Hm. Crutchfeld and Music Direct both stated they didn't see anything. I could order and get a price adjustment if needed but would rather just wait a week. Been tempted by the M105.
  15. N

Regarding the Revels, is that coming from a dealer or distributor or what? I've called a few spots asking if they know anything about it (e.g. if I ordered now and price adjusted when a sale hits) and no one has alluded to knowing anything about it.
  16. N

I bought and had the KEF R3 in my home but due to some expenses that popped up elsewhere I had to return them. I was so pissed.
  17. N

Cheaper than the prior low of 1350 I paid for it
  18. N

Strange. Is this including PerformaBe? If so the M16 would be their only bookshelf on the market, no? Might be put up or shut up time to finally bite on an M105 pair.
  19. N

In the market for a budget AVR to relieve my hifi setup of that duty. Grabbed an X1700H with this code. Thanks!
  20. N

Revel M105 Bookshelf Speaker Review

No subs and no plans for one, listening in the 60-70db range. I have the Denon PMA1700NE.
Top Bottom