Search results

1. L

Thoughts on super cheap chi-fi brand DACs?

Googling around I've found a lot of DACs like this one: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000096636809.html Only 48 bucks and free shipping for what I quote, is a "ES9038Q2M + XMOS XU208" DAC from some chinese brand called HIFIvv, which I cant seem to find any information on for the life of me...
  2. L

FX-Audio FX152E vs SMSL SA-36A Pro, which is the better budget amp?

So at a little under 50 CAD I have the two options of the FX-Audio FX152E TPA3118+TA7630P (I really don't care about the tone control tbh, I never use it), and the SMSL SA-36A Pro Class D 20Wx2 TDA7492PE. So I guess it comes down to SMSL's 20*2w implentation of the TDA7492PE vs FX Audio's 30*2w...
  3. L

What cheap deals can we be looking at for decent budget DAC and amp combos?

Hey everyone, lurker for a while. My little lepy amp finally gave out on me, bought a super cheap 50w amp that sounded way worse than my lepy and regretted it. Also upgraded computer parts but the onboard dac on my new motherboard isn't anywhere near as good as my last one (on paper) and since I...
  4. L

Best DAC around $100?

Source audio is from USB, playing Tidal Hi-Fi/Master tracks. Stuck between the Topping D30, Modi 3, and Khadas toneboard. I did read read the reviews by @amirm but I don't feel I was smart enough to really compare cause I wasn't able to really come to a conclusion ;') (lots of graphs and what...
Top Bottom