Search results

1. L

Loxjie D30 Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

Try comparing how Tidal sounds to other services like amazon music hd, qobuz or deezer which all also has flacs. Tidal mqa AND hifi sounded artificially sharper to me, like boosted treble or something. I thought it was probably just in my head until people started doing bit to bit comparisons of...
  2. L

Tidal is just a trash buggy app. I've had issues for it for years and support never actually bothers to help. They tell you they're looking into it then completely ghost you no matter how much you try to reach out to them. My entire account is bugged and filled with duplicates and it's been...
  3. L

Is this the akm or ess one that's measured here, and which should I get? Im looking to get a good desktop dac with rca out that doubles as a headphone dac with 3.5mm out as well for around 200 bucks. EDIT: Ignore this, figured it out. Anyone who came here to ask the same question this is for...
  4. L

IEC 60318-4 Clone Coupler, is it worth it?

Looks the same as the ifi one! I bet it is the same thing just different brand and pricing. Let me see, would cost me around 200 bucks to get that with another D10 or the newer D10s, I should probably just buy smsl sanskrit 10th mkii for 130 bucks or so instead, since that can take auxiliary...
  5. L

I looked into it a bit since my last post. That is the quick fix, a usb isolator, but the cheap ones will limit your dac/adc a bit like you said. There are newer and better ones like the iFi Audio iDefender3.0 but those are expensive, I might as well buy a new ADC/DAC for the price. At least...
  6. L

I got it but havent gotten around to setting it up yet cause my current setup is no good (I have no balanced adc to calibrate my 9038s g3 with), though since I only have the 5v 3.5mm mic version I may just use it with my motherboard audio 3.5mm input/output.. Only issue is my motherboard audio...
  7. L

Thanks, would you say this is about the same as well...
  8. L

Does anyone have a cheap iec 60318-4 spec coupler recc off Ali to play around with? https://m.aliexpress.com/item/1005001844592992.html?spm=a2g0n.shopcart-amp.item.1005001844592992& I was thinking of getting this one, it's pretty cheap but I'm wondering if it's missing anything like the...
  9. L

Review and Measurements of LG G5 Hi-Fi Plus DAC/Amp

They added it later down the road, it wasn't available initially. Which makes me wonder if it can be added to other devices down the road since it seems to be something driver level rather than hardware level.
  10. L

To be fair, there probably isn't much audible difference between most dacs unless we look at the cheapest of the cheapest or worst of the worst. I don't care for MQA, software decoding is fine, I don't think the premium for hardware MQA support is worth it (I have a lg v20, and cant really tell...
  11. L

I've been trying to search all those places for like a month now, and the only places that I could find to carry this dac were charging 80+ dollars easily.. Might as well buy the better e1da 9038s dac at that point. Finally managed to find something reasonably priced on a website called...
  12. L

FX-Audio FX152E vs SMSL SA-36A Pro, which is the better budget amp?

I ended up canceling my SMSL amp order because I found a big ol' Harmon Kardon AVR354 Reciever sitting around unused in the basement and figured that would work miles better than any little class D amp. Ended up putting that money towards a nice little topping D10 DAC.
  13. L

Where can we grab one of these? Tried googling for one and couldn't find any.
  14. L

Thoughts on super cheap chi-fi brand DACs?

What level of sinad should I aim for using a pair of monitor audio radius 45 speakers and a small sa-98e amp?
  15. L

This was exactly what I was looking for, thank you!
  16. L

I figured they weren't going to be very good but at 50 bucks, but what was I going to find that's better at that price anyways. Sounds like you've already tried cheap DACs like these so I'll save myself the pain and get something else. I got a cheap 2x50w amp once that somehow had worse...
  17. L

Googling around I've found a lot of DACs like this one: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000096636809.html Only 48 bucks and free shipping for what I quote, is a "ES9038Q2M + XMOS XU208" DAC from some chinese brand called HIFIvv, which I cant seem to find any information on for the life of me...
  18. L

FX-Audio FX152E vs SMSL SA-36A Pro, which is the better budget amp?

So at a little under 50 CAD I have the two options of the FX-Audio FX152E TPA3118+TA7630P (I really don't care about the tone control tbh, I never use it), and the SMSL SA-36A Pro Class D 20Wx2 TDA7492PE. So I guess it comes down to SMSL's 20*2w implentation of the TDA7492PE vs FX Audio's 30*2w...
  19. L

What cheap deals can we be looking at for decent budget DAC and amp combos?

Hey everyone, lurker for a while. My little lepy amp finally gave out on me, bought a super cheap 50w amp that sounded way worse than my lepy and regretted it. Also upgraded computer parts but the onboard dac on my new motherboard isn't anywhere near as good as my last one (on paper) and since I...
Top Bottom