Search results

1. S

Where to get guidance for soundproofing a basement

If I did a layer of closed cell expanding foam across the entire ceiling would that potentially give me a decent reduction in transmission of voices? Regarding 3.5" insulation inside the wall cavity: If I'm following correctly, I don't think I have any wall cavities to seal; the basement is an...
  2. S

It's one big room. I've heard that Roxul in the cavities is good for improving the acoustics of the space but would likely do next to nothing when it comes to sound transmission of voices from the floor above.
  3. S

1) If I don't care much about sound quality/dampening in the basement but only care about isolation from the 1st floor, is there any value in insulating materials? 2) If I'm aiming to keep the joist space as open as possible, what are my options for spacing it off of hte substrate?
  4. S

Where do I find a professional consultant for this? I don’t have the budget to hire a crew to do this (I got a bid for nearly $40k), but I could hire someone to advise me on doing it on my own if I knew where to look.
  5. S

What are my options for soundproofing the floor, and what do I do where the floor stops and a wall begins?
  6. S

What if I soundproofed the floor, rather than the ceiling? Is that a potentially good option that saves me my ceiling height?
  7. S

@alex-z : if the main thing I want is mid-high, and I’m only putting the drywall/green glue sandwich in between joists, but I’m doing a thorough job of using green glue compound all around the drywall to seal it and prevent air gaps, will that do the trick if I don’t care about low frequencies...
  8. S

I’m aiming to soundproof the ceiling of my 1300 sq ft open floor plan basement without covering up the ceiling joists, as adding drywall in the standard way reduces the ceiling height too much and makes the space feel super claustrophobic. My understanding from one soundproofing contractor is...
Top Bottom