Search results

1. S

Hypex Nilai stereo/mono kits cases

Hi, I've recently done the same modification to my own amplifier. I used @Chart's .fpd-file as template and went for a more basic design: 3 mm black anodized base plate 7x M3-threads 14x M3-holes, countersunk The plate was manufactured by Schaeffer AG (Germany). I have attached a picture of...
  2. S

Noisy digital audio on LG TVs

I'm once again reviving this topic due to it inherently being a cluster of parameters to optimize, we are talking bitstream, PCM, change format, passthrough, multi-channel, Atmos etc. Decided not to create a new thread as I don't want to fragment the topic any further. I've been using the LG...
  3. S

Hypex Nilai500DIY Amplifier Review

The audioXpress website just released their Nilai review, this article was originally published in the audioXpress magazine, July 2023. https://audioxpress.com/article/fresh-from-the-bench-hypex-nilai500diy-500w-mono-power-amplifier-kit-a-new-diy-benchmark
  4. S

SMSL DO300 DAC Review

@David_M, Here is a picture of the internal PCB:
  5. S

SMSL DO300 DAC Review

I followed the instructions in the included pdf, had to uncheck "Verify" and change "Baudrate" to 115200. You can check the current firmware version by entering the last menu option "RESET"; mind you, do not proceed further as it resets the settings. The issue is that the menu only shows two...
  6. S

SMSL DO300 DAC Review

https://www.smsl-audio.com/portal/product/downlist/id/13.html Updated without problems, I can not seem to find a changelog though.
  7. S

Topping E70 randomly went to MAX volume..

I am worried that this could happen in my setup, especially with somebody else in the household using it and not knowing instinctively how to turn things off. However, I have never experienced my DAC doing a unsolicited full volume reset, even when intentionally switching between variable and...
  8. S

Schiit Modi+

Hi, I haven’t found any discussion about Schiit’s 10th anniversary Modi DAC, the Schiit Modi+. “The incoming Modi+ is built around an ESS ES9018 DAC chip – tuned by Schiit co-founder Mike Moffat – and can be fed by one of three digital inputs: coaxial, TOSLINK or Schiit’s own Unison USB input...
Top Bottom