Search results

1. L

Can anyone explain the 8-track renaissance?

Nothing like an 8-track under the seat of 67 Nova ! Also had quadraphonic 8 track in the bedroom 4 speakers nailed to the wall, friends loved it, my parents thought I was an idiot !
  2. L

Why "audiophiles" don't use VSTs?

I know this is hobby for people & I get it, so using VST's & plug ins to enhance your hobby is a cool thing. But IMHO, just because you can now get something that replicates a 60K machine from the 80's for a few hundred bucks doesn't mean the use of such plug ins make music any better. I guess...
  3. L

High pass filter with a sub

Same boat here, just wish there was a simple way to get a high pass filter on an amp that doesn't have that option.
  4. L

A surprise on Qobuz...

OK, no argument. I bought a brand new 2021 Dodge RAM & it doesn't get anywhere near the advertised EPA window sticker gas mileage. Is that also deceptive marketing ? It's widely known that those window stickers that "everyone" knows about the EPA claims are BS. So, it's just marketing & where...
  5. L

A surprise on Qobuz...

That may be one way to see it. But I don't think Qobuz is out to corner anything they are competing & are not naive enough to try overtake Amazon. For myself & a lot of other Qobuz customers it was about not using Amazon, good pricing, good user interface & great content. Just an FYI the "High...
  6. L

Why do you think a few members have an 'alcoholic anonymous' vibe towards the audiophile community? It seems a harmless hobby as far as things go?

Never heard of Mofi & just googled them & here's a quote from a record there selling, RECORD ONE: 1/4" / 30 IPS analog copy to DSD 256 to analog console to lathe Are they saying they used 1/4" tape ?
  7. L

Why do you think a few members have an 'alcoholic anonymous' vibe towards the audiophile community? It seems a harmless hobby as far as things go?

When thinking of this it does seem that as a hobby (at least on this forum) people really get bent over some ones personal choice and go on & on about how someone should spend there money, why that is I have no idea. I haven't noticed any "Hi my names Joe & I'm audiophile" posts though. But...
  8. L

Speaker High pass Low pass filter for a sub ?

Interesting approach & it sounds like it worked. This may make no sense for many reasons I don't know, but if an amp has no high/low pass filter options for mains but it does have a sub out would it be possible to just build an external crossover for the mains just blocking out the low freq. ?
  9. L

NAD M66 - finally someone makes a decent 2-channel preamp!

IMO the M66 is what is, an absolute great thing for expanding a 2 channel system without compromise. There is nothing like it on the market (that I've seen & I've been looking & gave up), Anyway there are many many different AVR amps that are built for HT and would be a much better and probably...
  10. L

NAD M66 - finally someone makes a decent 2-channel preamp!

Wish I could afford one ! Finally something for 2 channel & 2.1-4 fans.
  11. L

New Pre amp or a Streamer ?

Here ya go, everything plus DIRAC LIVE & DIRAC Bass management. https://nadelectronics.com/nad-announces-masters-m66-bluos-streaming-dac-preamplifier/
  12. L

What do you do with remote controls?

Had the Harmony & loved it. Now it's 1 sony remote runs the tv through the amp HDMI/Arc input. Everything else done with Heos phone amp. I really never touch the amp anymore.
  13. L

Digital remasters - do they sound better or ..?

Are there any bands, producers, sound engineers who mastered the originals & have commented on the remasters ?
  14. L

Getting DRIAC Live Minidsp ?

Yes, the more I learn the more limiting it gets ! So with the Flex HT inputs it looks like I could use the SPDIF for my CD player, the optical for my streamer, the HDMI on TV and when using the TT (which is not much) I'd just leave it as is and no DSP on TT. DSP out puts would be 1 for the sub...
  15. L

Thanks for the info., Antcollinet, If I use the record out into the DSP wouldn't I still be able to use inputs & switching of the amp ? I have a CD player, Yamaha streamer & a TT for my music source & HDMI for TV. Are you saying everything needs to be plugged into the DSP ? Viecenzo the...
  16. L

After reading the 2.1 support thread, https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/lack-of-2-1-support-is-grinding-my-gears.50802/ I'm thinking of trying to add a sub to my 2.0 system and would only consider it if I could get some type of bass management & room correction. My...
  17. L

Lack of 2.1 support is grinding my gears

Now that seems like a great choice, but at 5.5K it's something I can't afford. I do have a question on the Dirac Live Bass Control, is one of the DIRAC features act like a Hi/Low pass filter and prevent the low freq. from the mains ? My impending solution for better bass on the Marantz model 40n...
  18. L

The Marantz model 40n is not an AVR it's a 2.1 channel amp with an HDMI input. I'm sure there AVR's are a completely different design. Overall I feel this is a very simple concept (but just no easy way around it) the way I see it is, adding a sub to a 2 channel system and still sending all the...
  19. L

Yes it does but it only controls the feq. that go to the sub woofer & all feq. still go the mains, it's simply a 2 feq filter for the sub output. My thought is that a true hi pass/low pass filter or some type of crossover will get the real low bass freq. out of mains and let the sub handle those.
  20. L

New to "bass management" and would like to try a sub with my 2 channel amp but the amp a Marantz model 40n has a sub output but no low pass filter for the mains which (if I'm correct) means the mains will get all low freq. along with sub so if I'm not happy with main speakers bass I'll still get...
Top Bottom