Search results

1. M

KEF LSX II

No, Kef has not the best reputation for customer service afaik. People got €250 bills to repair their motherboard. Just google it, you’ll find plenty. I don’t think you should worry to much though. You might as wel never have serious issues. And IF network issues occur, hook up a reliable streamer.
  2. M

KEF LSX II

Exactly this! And if, in the future, you’d want to add multiroom, chromecast and hdmi, just get a streamer to pair with it. About the failure’s; I don’t have hard proof. But there is A LOT of complains on the internet about ls50w i and lsx i. Also about failing connections. Hence the streamer...
  3. M

KEF LS50 meta Vs LSXii

So what did you opt for eventually? Also check out the Wiim Pro. Gets some excellent reviews and saves you some bucks over de Node.
  4. M

KEF LSX II

I’d recommend getting the lsx i and add a streamer to it. Like the Wiim Pro. Saves you a lot of money and you’ll gain in flexibility. You could even get a Bluesounde Node and pair it with lsx i. However, the 1st gen had a lot of problems an motherboard failures. I really hope 2nd gen lsx and...
  5. M

Review and Measurements of SONOS Amp

Inputs on these kind of units are rare. Same goes for the BlueSound powernode which has the bare minimum. I also hate that only the sonos Five has line-in. There seems to be not a single multi-room system that gives you some flexibility unless you put a lot of money on the table or vouch for old...
  6. M

Published Research on Bi-Wiring Speakers

So I bought my stuff at Hifi Klubben and exactly this happened to me. I did not even believe AudioQuest cables would make a difference. And now here I am rocking my speakers with those fat overprices bi-wired speakers. Thought I’d do some research afterwards if it would make a difference or...
  7. M

Review and Measurements of SONOS Amp

I ordered a NAD D3045. But adding streaming capabilities to this device will set me back another ~€150+. So now I'm in doubt if I should not buy another Sonos Amp instead. But howcome the Sonos amp gets such a bad review, while the digital amplifier part scores on par or even better than the NAD...
  8. M

Powernode (2021) vs H/K Citation vs Sonos Amp vs NAD D 3045

I don’t think you can as I think the HDMI is a hdmi-in port. But you should be able to do this using a splitter maybe.
  9. M

Powernode (2021) vs H/K Citation vs Sonos Amp vs NAD D 3045

Hi, any updates on this reliability/heating issue? I’m also considering the citation Amp. Mainly because I sold my Sonos amp because of input delay. I want to be able to hook up live instruments. Does anyone know if analog inputs have a delay ons this unit? Sonos has a minimum of 75ms delay on...
  10. M

Argon SA1 Amplifier Review

I've gone out to check this Amp at my local HIFI Klubben store. I listened to some pop and dance music on the B&W 607 S2 connected to the Argon Audio SA1, NAD C328 and Sonos AMP. For me personally the NAD C328 was by far the best at driving the B&W 607's. The difference got especially big when...
  11. M

Argon SA1 Amplifier Review

I’m considering to pick one up. I just sold my sonos amp because I cannot connect live instruments, it has a 0.75ms delay. I have b&w 607. The argon might be underpowered for these heave to drive speakers? Does anyone has advice on this? Maybe better alternatives up to €600? As long as it’s a...
Top Bottom