Search results

1. S

Marantz Cinema 30

Great, thanks for the help. I imagine the Cinema 40 should be enough for me then. I will get a decent amplifier and maybe update my speakers from MA silvers to MA Gold then instead. Trying to research and see if that change would be worth it too. Thanks
  2. S

Marantz Cinema 30

Thanks for the response. Yes I will have all 5 channels powered externally. So the DAC change difference is measurable with equipment but it would be hard to pick out by ear with all external amplification? I guess there are other internal changes from 40 to 30 but to the untrained ear likely...
  3. S

Marantz Cinema 30

I have the Cinema 40, if I am using external amplification would I notice any difference changing to the Cinema 30? Would the new/better DACs be noticeable to the average person? I just don’t understand how they effect the sound overall or is it just output using an external amp? Would be quite...
  4. S

Marantz Cinema 40 AVR Review

I did find the Marantz Cinema 40 to sound better than the 4800 myself as well. I like the fit and finish/ overall look of it better too. Nicer remote as well. I wish I knew the Cinema 30 was coming out soon though but don’t think I will sell my Cinema 40 for the 30.
  5. S

Denon x4800h vs marantz cinema 40

I went from the 4800 to the Cinema 40 and also like the sound better. It isn’t scientific though so might just be what I want to hear. I do like the style of the Marantz better as well.
  6. S

Denon AVR-X6800H now released.

this site seems to show that too. https://www.futureland.fr/amplificateur-audio-video/48301-174411-DENON-AVC-X6800H.html#/1-couleurs-noir
  7. S

Denon AVR-X4800H AVR Review

Would Amir ever chime into a thread to give an explanation of how or why he did it? Maybe he did capture it the other old way and could publish it if available? It would set some minds at ease if he did happen to jump in here to explain. There was such a build up to the 4800 review release so...
  8. S

I thought RandomEar’s graph does show an interpolation of the SINAD data from Amir’s 4800 review in a similar fashion to the graph above. Someone would have to extend the SINAD db up higher and could maybe overlay in comparison to the 4700. The 4700 SINAD with the AKM was pretty much ideal as it...
  9. S

In the 1v to 1.5v range which may be fairly typical for external amplifiers the 3800 and 4800 are pretty similar. Using the same Dacs how is the curve so different between the two? The 3800 is going down after .8v and higher voltage , and the 4800 is climbing the whole way to at least 2v. I...
  10. S

Susanstone, that’s what I was thinking, I bought an Anthem PVA5 thinking it has a nice low voltage requirement 1.12 VRMS for 125 W into 8 Ω as the 3800 showed I would benefit with it being lower. Now with the 4800 it would best to find an external amplifier that needs higher voltage closer to 2v...
  11. S

Where did he say he was changing his methods for testing and that it could be favourable towards the 4800? Maybe I missed it. Thanks
  12. S

dlaloum, I agree with you with what you said above. I know a lot of it is for bass corrections and such. Just that if we are buying expensive speakers only to tweak with software. I guess it’s tweaking them to what sounds best to the individual‘s ears is what matters.
  13. S

I know people like to get their room flat and everything but don’t we want to hear our speakers the way the manufacturer intended them as well? Or is the frequency response of the speaker if it has some flaws something that needs to be corrected to flat or to the Harmon curve because it is a...
  14. S

tjcinnamon, thanks I might as you say just go for that windows $200 version and maybe the calibrated Audyssey mic. Honestly sometimes I think my system just sounds better without any of the Audyssey or anything added. Will wait for more feedback and more comparisons of the two before deciding...
  15. S

Really there is that much of a difference between the two calibrations? I’m on the fence and it’s a lot on money in Canada. $150-$175 for the mic and close to $500 CAD for Dirac.
  16. S

Nice so I will say within earshot of the receiver, “my name is Amir and this is a bench test” to engage superior components. Got it. All kidding aside it’s a great receiver in my books, couldn’t be happier with it really for anyone not sure whether or not to buy it.
  17. S

It would be so funny to be a Denon rep on this forum and seeing a conspiracy about special binned Dacs or other components used. Right or wrong, either “they are on to us“ or they are “what’s next“. Haha
  18. S

You are right though, Denon might put the best chips in the first run as you say knowing these will be reviewed and will dictate in a big way the overall sales of the units. Makes sense for sure.
  19. S

No it’s more for overclocking of cpu‘s/gpu’s and tweaking beyond what they are intended for. They can almost always meet the requirements for stock speeds but in the reviews they will show them overclocking to outrageous speeds when in fact it was a golden sample they had binned/hand picked for...
  20. S

rob755, No issues with my 4800 so far. Plugged it in, set things up, ran calibration. Works perfectly fine, sounds great. I am running two PSA subs, Anthem PVA5 for power, Monitor Audio silver 7g speakers, 65VT50 plasma and JVC projector, mostly use Apple 4K for all video sources but just works...
Top Bottom