Search results

1. A

Genelec 8030C Studio Monitor Review

Genelec gives the following instruction: Apparently the latency difference matters less with subwoofers.
  2. A

Topping DM7 8-Channel DAC Review

Unlike professional audio interfaces, DM7 doesn't include word clock input or output, and it cannot synchronize to S/PDIF or ADAT either. Therefore, DM7 cannot be synchronized to the clock of other interfaces like a separate AD interface or an additional DA interface for more channels. This...
  3. A

TOPPING D90 III、TOPPING D50 III

Maybe the device has the USB controller within the XMOS, and other interfaces are implemented through other chips. It would take additional effort to route these through the XMOS.
  4. A

RME Babyface Pro FS Portable Interface Review

Babyface consumes more power than the standard strictly allows: Even the idle consumption is more than the maximum power of USB 2 (2.5 W). The maximum consumption is more than allowed by USB 3. Apparently RME has tested their device and concluded that typical computer hosts can supply this...
  5. A

RME Babyface Pro FS Portable Interface Review

USB-C is not required to supply more power than traditional USB, and this is why most peripheral devices don't depend on it. I tested one of my laptop ports, and it is able to supply 15 W, which is the maximum power without PD, so this much is probably not very rare. The peripheral device would...
  6. A

The software for editing PEQ is now available for Windows. The application is called Topping Tune. D50 III's manual confirms that configured PEQ filters are stored at the device and can be changed through the menu of the device.
  7. A

Genelec 8030C Studio Monitor Review

Neumann is unambiguous in that the name consists of regular German words, so if you know German pronunciation, it is natural to pronounce the name that way. Genelec is more obscured with respect to the origin of the name.
  8. A

The data sheet says "desktop software", but the platforms are not specified. It probably means Windows, maybe also macOS, but I wouldn't count on it.
  9. A

Topping A90 Discrete Review (Headphone Amp & Preamp)

Sales are one thing, but in general refunds are advantageous to the buyer. If the purchase price is refunded the after one year of use, there is sometimes a newer version available for the same price, so the buyer gets an upgrade for free. The general trend is that the model has less value as it...
  10. A

RME adds Room EQ capability to TotalMix FX (UFX+, UFX II, UFX III and UCX II only)

The new Room EQ also adds a small feature that has been requested for a long time: output channels get Volume Calibration that allows up to 24 dB of attenuation. This way if you have sensitive speakers or headphones where the volume of 0 dB is dangerously loud even at lower reference levels, you...
  11. A

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

The remote protocol is open and based on MIDI. It is possible to develop an Android version, but I am not aware if it exists yet.
  12. A

SMSL DO100 Review (Stereo DAC)

Analog amplifiers have their own noise floor, and attenuating signal beyond the analog noise floor sacrifices SNR. However, state-of-the-art amps have lower noise floors than state-of-the-art DACs, so there is more SNR-preserving attenuation there.
  13. A

RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE

In the case of 2/4 Pro, RME didn't opt to send a review unit. I suppose they determined a review wouldn't increase the number of sales significantly, unlike ADI-2 DAC which was sent by RME.
  14. A

WiiM Pro Plus Streamer Review

Airplay 2 has always had the capability to be lossless, but the more interesting question is if lossless is actually implemented with common apps and devices. I tested sending from Apple Music on iPad, and at that time Airplay 2 encoded to AAC. Apple Music had an album with test signals, and...
  15. A

Topping E70 Stereo DAC Review

The theoretical limit is derived from thermal noise. I calculated with the room temperature (20 °C), the bandwidth of 20 kHz and the output impedance of 100 ohms, then the thermal noise is about 0.2 microvolts. Relative to 4 V signal, that is 146 dB.
  16. A

Topping Pre90 Review (preamplifier)

The output maintains the signal voltage between the positive and the negative pole. If the negative pole is floating, its potential receives noise relative to ground. This noise will be added to the resulting unbalanced signal.
  17. A

Topping Pre90 Review (preamplifier)

RME UCX II, for example, has servo-balanced outputs. Those require shorting the negative pole to ground when connecting unbalanced: Servo-balanced outputs are more common with professional devices.
  18. A

Topping DM7 8-Channel DAC Review

It should work if you use a PC for gaming. I suspect consoles would require HDMI.
Top Bottom