Search results

1. benanders

Do you care about speaker looks / appearance?

When you search(ed) / audition(ed) speakers to get, did / do you care about looks? I suspect many are mindful of appearances, particularly for multipurpose rooms or a close environment. If yes, how much do looks matter when you aim to own a speaker? Is appearance a reason you continue to take...
  2. benanders

How MANY Streaming Services Do You Use?

How many ASR’ers use a streaming service vs. not? How many use >1? >1 household member can count towards your vote. Paid subscriptions and free both count as service. Your personal media does not count as a service. Please consider this query in conjunction with @CleanSound (your preferred...
  3. benanders

Is this site about AUDIO Science Review, HiFi S.R., or MEASUREMENT S.R.?

Audio! Audio! Audio? As the query poses. Do you consider this site’s assessments and discussions to (or should) focus on: (1) Audio Science Review - broadly any form of music playback equipment / setup / process (2) HiFi Science Review - focus on equipment / setups / processes which themselves...
  4. benanders

Are you a FAN boy? Fan-less vs. forced air music server / transport (passive vs. active cooling)

How do most ASR’ers cool their music servers / streamers / transports? Fans or no fans? Some great threads focus on fan-less setups, but are largely free of comparative metrics on room noise floor, fan model max dB ratings (manufacturer specs or as measured in situ), chassis-to-MLP distance...
  5. benanders

Does computer power source (switching vs. battery) matter for a USB bus - powered device (e.g. ADC or DAC) ?

I use a USB bus-powered ADC / DAC: Should it perform differently if connected to a typical switching PSU-powered computer, vs. a battery-powered laptop? The unit is a KORG DS-DAC-10R for digitizing records (or specific masters) not already [easily] available in 1’s and 0’s. I know - the KORG...
  6. benanders

What’s Your Triangle in Stereo Speaker Listening?

What triangle best describes your stereo speaker setup relative to main listening position (MLP)? Caution: some Isosceles look like Equilaterals, without actual measurements! o_O Please consider a post with setup details. Useful ingredients include: (1) Triangle leg measurements (metric or...
  7. benanders

LF Driver Size vs. Soundstage Size: Related? How should we be choosing subwoofer (s)?

Is there a relationship between LF driver size and soundstage size? If so, what is the nature of the relationship? D (Direct relationship) I (Inverse relationship) F (Flawed-by-design reasoning to this query) I brought this up in another thread (maybe not-so-relevant there on second thought)...
  8. benanders

Line Array Speakers : Modular, Expandable, Out-of-the-Box Design for in-home use

That title… Sounds impossible, right? Possible, and sounds right. The project has spanned some years of (1) excessive backlit screen reading, (2) many in-person listening sessions to diverse high end systems, and (3) defining my preferences/expectations, then pursuing them with this particular...
Top Bottom