Search results

1. B

iPhone -> Lightning/USB 3 adapter ->DAC is it bit perfect?

A question about the Apple CCK USB 3.0 adapter, if I connect a charger to the adapter while connected to my DAC will it introduce any noise, I have another USB-C dongle from DDHifi which support simultaneous charging but it is very noisy when I connect the charger making the audio unlistenable.
  2. B

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

No need for proof I also have it its certainly thin sounding with a metallic timbre, countless other ppl have the same impressions.
  3. B

Headphone Choices for Topping A90 Discrete

Anyone paired the A90D with Hifiman HE1000v2? will be great if you can share your impressions.
  4. B

The ultimate test is how we hear it, an instrument in a lab can never replace a human ear, and the bright nature of ESS dac chips is unanimously accepted than otherwise, having said that no issues with people having other opinions.
  5. B

See most ESS chip based dacs have a slight bright signature to them if compared to R2R/multibit solutions or even AKM chips (maybe not all), this is a well known thing so no point in debating it, and my ears tell me that too, having said that it can be a default ESS tuning i am not sure to what...
  6. B

Connecting to my Laptop via USB solved the issue.
  7. B

I don't have a HD600 but do have a HD6XX, I think its good except the usual ESS chip sharpness, apart from that didn't notice any shortcomings *but* Sennheiser HD6xx series is known to pair excellently with OTL tube amps like Darkvoice 336 ot Xduoo TA-26, if you have a chance to audtion I would...
  8. B

From my post I tried that as well and it didn't work, Ill try the USB option later, let's hope it works.
  9. B

Whatever it is, I don't notice this in the A90D or D90LE, so I guess cost has something to do with it.
  10. B

Yes, kind of a vibration more than a shock, I still feel it after I touch the unit, but the intensity becomes less a bit (I think), but still this should not happen, looks like a design issue or cost cutting?? doesn't look good on Toppings part either way, at least they should not compormise on...
  11. B

Only bit concerned that it can damage the headphones, am currently using my phone as source so I guess will have to wait till I get my streamer.
  12. B

Anyone else getting a (very light) electric shock when touching the DX3 Pro+ while connected to the A/C mains? I changed the power supply to another 15v 3-pin (grounded) one but it still happens, my other Topping gears like A90D and D90LE doesn't have this issue.
Top Bottom