Search results

1. B

Genelec 8x3x stands, are they worth it?

I have these for 8350. They are serious piece of work, 6kg of metal. Still, attaching the speakers with two small screws seemed a bit off, but doesn't seem to be a problem.
  2. B

KEF R11 Meta Tower Speaker Review

This is why we have measurements. People's taste in low end reproduction varies so much that I pay no attention to random comments about whether some speaker is bass heavy or light if I don't know for sure that the person is talking about compared to flat(tish) FR or there isn't some kind of...
  3. B

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

Doesn't sound like a problem that needs to be fixed when nobody can hear the problem. Anyways, seems like waste of time to ponder (again) these explanations to a phenomenon that (still) hasn't been proven to exist.
  4. B

Subwoofer feels underwhelming

You might want to take any claimed "night and day" differences with a grain of salt from now on... In my experience if the main speakers play pretty low, like the R3 does, and you don't have any gaping holes in FR that subs would fix then the improvement from sub(s) might be subtle. Not unlike...
  5. B

Kef blade 2 meta frequency response

Let's hope somebody sends some Cantons to him soon so he can really understand what good sound actually is.
  6. B

Financial status of YouTube reviewer

If you want to get into audiophile territory I recommend not doing any controlled tests... Those kind of videos would not be good for your income.
  7. B

7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM Review

Got my Spinfit Cp100+ eartips and Linsoul Tripowin Zonie cable, now I think I have my endgame IEM setup. I think the real gamechangers are the eartips. Much better seal and more importantly, I hardly notice them. With the Spinfits, I might actually listen to IEMs just for fun, not only for...
  8. B

NAD M66 (vs NAD M33 and M10V2)

It would be quite a statement to buy the M66 and run it in analog direct mode. At least Darko wasn't completely sure if it sounded better.
  9. B

Denon AVRs vs Integrated stereo Amplifiers for 2 channel music

Think about it this way: there is very valid explanation based on a lot of research and which you can verify yourself very easily, that is that our perception is affected by biases, most notably the sighted bias. Then there is the other explanation that there are differences that science cannot...
  10. B

Denon AVRs vs Integrated stereo Amplifiers for 2 channel music

Well, you are in the right place to get those questions answered. Long story short: people hear differences because they want, very much, to hear differences. And it so happens that our perception when it comes to sound is very easily affected by different biases. And the effect is not subtle...
  11. B

What headphone(s) do you own ?

The more headphones I have bought the less I think they are all that unique in practice.
  12. B

Countering misinformation about AutoEQ

It seems to me that you are free to do exactly that.
  13. B

Has anybody heard the new KEF KF92 sub? What are your opinions?

I had two KF92s and replaced one with SVS SB-4000 just for fun. I'd say that most of the time there is absolutely no difference in a medium sized room. The remaining KEF is placed in corner though and that boosts lowest frequencies a LOT. The SVS is located in pretty bad spot but it can power...
  14. B

Why aren’t there more university level controlled tests?

The audiophile myths are not based on lack of knowledge. Subjectivists' have preemptively declared all such experiments as faulty. Even if everything else is accounted for, from proper test subjects to good enough equipment you still have the "stress of test" which invalidates all failed...
  15. B

They are missing one key ingredient: proof that they hear what they claim they hear. If they provide it, it might be interesting to know what they think about the causes. It's like somebody want's to teach other about the habits of invisible immaterial pink unicorns that reside in our living...
  16. B

KEF R3 Meta - Review & Measurements by Erin

It probably isn't, amps should not change the sound of a speaker. The R3 Meta is one of the best bookshelves available, but not that huge improvement over R3, which could be EQ:d to sound like the Meta version. I doubt anything in the price range would be a huge improvement. What would be...
  17. B

Totem speakers and tube amps? Yeah, that would be exactly what it should be called. Has about as much to do with hifi than trying different types of weed to change the listening experience. And I really think there is nothing wrong with that, could see myself meddling with tubes and such if I...
  18. B

Seems like the basic "I'm pretty sure my cover is blown, but I can't resist a few low effort pieces". But the openings were very good, leaves the benefit of doubt. Well done!
  19. B

BTW I don't think there is a study to prove that theory, it's just something I have noticed during the years. For example I remember local hifi magazine doing tests where they had several reviewers review the same device. I had to give it to the, they didn't coordinate their reviews, as they...
  20. B

If you don't know what you should hear, only that is should be "better" because of more expensive or impressive looking piece of equipment, you will be hard pressed to describe how the thing is different. The descriptions tend to differ, but include things that are hard to disagree such as "more...
Top Bottom