2. Anynameyouwish

Hifi terms dictionary

Omg. Thankyou all. That’s a great response. I just might stick around LOL
  3. Anynameyouwish

Hifi terms dictionary

And more importantly where’s the LOL smiley
  4. Anynameyouwish

Hifi terms dictionary

Do you remember books with a glossary ? That’s what I’m looking for I guess. It took me about an hour to work out what ASR was :-)
  5. Anynameyouwish

Hifi terms dictionary

And for this they name you Master Contributor. Ok. I had typed that quickly , apologies. My smiley didn’t work either. So my mood may have been poorly conveyed. Wiki is far too generic isn’t it ? I’m an ADI .. look that up on Wiki.. what do you get ? I also use KUSA in my work, and often...
  6. Anynameyouwish

Hifi terms dictionary

Is there one out there ? I’m researching posts on here that take my eye, and constantly finding new to me terms and especially all the three letter abbreviations Maybe I need to be more patient lol
  7. Anynameyouwish

So many questions

You’re a great listener ! Thankyou Jeremy.
  8. Anynameyouwish

So many questions

Amazing, Thankyou. All great great info. What is parametric EQ , just setting the equalizer ?
  9. Anynameyouwish

So many questions

Superb info. Many Thanks for your time :-)
  10. Anynameyouwish

So many questions

I’ve had a gander at a review on the E50. These balanced outputs, are they likely to make any discernable difference in the real world.
  11. Anynameyouwish

So many questions

Thankyou most kindly Serge.
  12. Anynameyouwish

So many questions

I’m 61, born in 61 infact. I got into ‘Hi-Fi’ back in the 70s I guess. The jargon back then was simpler. The options much less. The family music player was a chipboard hinged box that was wrapped with vinyl. Oddly ! Or maybe it was leatherette. One speaker. Gold mesh grille. It didn’t stop me...
  13. Anynameyouwish

Hello from Gloucester uk

I’m seeing a Schiit modi on eBay in UK. I can buy new for £185… but this might have the earlier chip ? Or should I just go for the modi 3e that is new, and multibit … ? Any thoughts ?
  14. Anynameyouwish

Hello from Gloucester uk

Review index ! Hadn’t seen that. Yes, I was expecting to not use the wiim dac. Hope I got that right.
  15. Anynameyouwish

Hello from Gloucester uk

Sounds fab. Many thanks for this.
  16. Anynameyouwish

Hello from Gloucester uk

Thanks. Are you suggesting I stick with the 7se dac when playing cds ?
  17. Anynameyouwish

Hello from Gloucester uk

Hi, So I’m trying to get the setup sorted so I can sit in comfort and spend some quality time on the sofa. Not yet wired up: Kef q900 floorstanders pair (bought used) Arcam delta 290 amp ( bought used) Arcam power amp ( faulty/used) Prev setup : Arcam 7se CD ( had for many years)...
Top Bottom