Search results

1. N

Hardware Teardown of Topping D30 DAC

Thanks again Amir. Here are pics of my unit, for what it's worth.
  2. N

Topping D30 DAC Measurement and Review

Hey Amir, finally got my hands on the D30. First thing I did was open it up :D. Notably the signal relay and crystal oscillators are different. Perhaps a cost saving measure or design revision, or both, which isn't a uncommon thing to do. But seeing as I don't really have any expertise in this...
  3. N

Ask me about Bitcoin/Crypto investing

I have being casually observing bitcoins since 2011, but I have no skin the game. Personally I find the underlying technology very interesting. But as it is utilised presently, it is just a game of hot potatoes and it's going to end in tears. Although personally I think it's value will rise for...
  4. N

Measurement and Review of FX-Audio DAC-X6 DAC (compared to Topping D30 and Fiio E10K)

Thanks! Very detailed review. Looks like I'll have to add the topping to my xmas shopping list. :)
  5. N

Amir's TODO thread

The Fiio and Topping. Thanks.
  6. N

Amir's TODO thread

dac-x6 please :)
  7. N

Headphone Amplifier Testing and Measurements

I think it might be a little out of your budget being ~500-700. It's also not nearly as well documented as the 600/650s, so it will make it more difficult to cross reference reviews for others to make a point of reference.
  8. N

Headphone Amplifier Testing and Measurements

Sennheiser HD600 or 650's. You can get them second hand or new at fairly reasonable prices, especially now that they've released the new HD660. They are also very modular and user serviceable, you can buy replacement parts for every part of the headphone.
  9. N

Bargain DAC Suggestions?

Wow that was quick! sorry I should have done more research. The smsl B1 is only bluetooth input, unlike the others which all have usb/spdif/coax inputs. It's a bit deceptive just going by the pictures, until you read the specs. Hope it's not too late to cancel :oops:
  10. N

Bargain DAC Suggestions?

Then the Dac-x6, if possible. I just want to know how the Dac-x6 performs seeing as I own one :) I was curious about the smsl B1 being that it features bluetooth as well. But it seems to only feature bluetooth input.
  11. N

Bargain DAC Suggestions?

fx audio dac-x6 smsl m3 sabaj d3 smsl b1 I personally own the dac-x6, so am curious how it performs. They are all dac/amps that feature line out, all very similar in price and features. They are all also readily available outside of the US, so any one can buy one on amazon/aliexpress/ebay. ps...
Top Bottom