Search results

1. E

Topping d90 mod advice or Benchmark dac3

Hey guys. I currently use the Topping d90 or a modded Cambridge cxn with tubes as my dac. I purchased the dac due to this site when I rebuilt my system. As the system evolved, I thought about upgrading the dac and have done a ton of research for options, one being the Benchmark dac3. I came...
  2. E

What are you plugging into?

I sold an expensive power conditioner. I didn’t feel like it did anything, as many here suggested. Now what do I plug everything into? lol. I’m sure there are varying degrees of power strips. Do I look for one that at least has surge protection? Is there anything else I should look for? Hospital...
  3. E

Found this interesting

I should point something out here. The big difference between tubes and transistors is that tubes tend to sound smoother, with greater actual detail rather than brightness masquerading as detail. But tubes have measurably greater distortion- so how is this possible? The answer has something...
  4. E

Dac help

So, I hate to be one of those new guys who comes on the forum and asks the forum members to help buy a product. I apologize in advance. The all about the numbers aspect of the forum makes me a bit unsure sometimes. It’s all about measurements and I feel that music enjoyment is more than that...
Top Bottom