Search results

1. E

Is the entire audio industry a fraud?

I’m not confused. Just because our current ways of measuring such things cannot reveal differences, doesn’t mean those differences don’t exist.
  2. E

It is childish since your beliefs are not absolutes. Perhaps the way a person processes a particular piano sound, which all sound different based on design, brings more pleasure to their brain. It has been shown that past exposure to sounds influences what people find enjoyable later on. Perhaps...
  3. E

And I do appreciate the science with some aspects of audio components because there certainly is a considerable amount of false claims. But, every claim needs to be viewed with some skepticism and open mindedness.
  4. E

There are as many controlled tests that prove we all hear and process sound differently. Sorry. Not everything is revealed with the current machines and testing parameters. In the coming years, we will understand these things better. Not saying measurements are super useful in some cases, they...
  5. E

So your baseless claim that he can’t hear a difference is more correct than his baseless claim that he can. The countless studies on how we hear and process sound differently show that many of these hearing differences between people can be on the genetic level, due to structural differences...
  6. E

Topping d90 mod advice or Benchmark dac3

why do people go gaga over the Mola Mola then if the Topping measures so well?
  7. E

Thanks for your reply levimax. I know the Benchmark has some proprietary anti jitter built in. Not sure if the Topping has this ability. Not sure how jitter free my streamer or other streamers for that matter are.
  8. E

Hey guys. I currently use the Topping d90 or a modded Cambridge cxn with tubes as my dac. I purchased the dac due to this site when I rebuilt my system. As the system evolved, I thought about upgrading the dac and have done a ton of research for options, one being the Benchmark dac3. I came...
  9. E

What are you plugging into?

I sold an expensive power conditioner. I didn’t feel like it did anything, as many here suggested. Now what do I plug everything into? lol. I’m sure there are varying degrees of power strips. Do I look for one that at least has surge protection? Is there anything else I should look for? Hospital...
  10. E

Message to golden-eared audiophiles posting at ASR for the first time...

Let me guess, you painted inside the lines of your coloring book. Lol
  11. E

Found this interesting

Thank you for your contribution. Appreciated.
  12. E

Found this interesting

Thanks again. Read the full description. The heading says amp but description states line preamplifier. I thought I’d read this early in my initial research. Sounds like a good paring.
  13. E

Found this interesting

I saw the hpa4 and thought it was an amp. I will take a closer look. Thank you
  14. E

Found this interesting

I see they don’t make a preamplifier. Any suggestions? I like the idea of sticking with one company for both.
  15. E

Found this interesting

Any input regarding the statement from Ralph and Nelson Pass Designs?
  16. E

Found this interesting

I see that now. My apologies. I was a line short at the top.
  17. E

Found this interesting

No. I am looking at my next potential amp, Pass Labs xa25 and Benchmark hpa4, and came across this thread. I’m struggling between super accurate, for fear ear fatigue, and something with a little softer edge. Just found the comment interesting and felt there might be something to the statement...
  18. E

Found this interesting

Im not trying to sound confrontational, but what makes it crap?
Top Bottom