Search results

1. V

McIntosh returning to the car audio system game with new Grand Cherokee L

car audio such a shit show....proper dsp can make a 50 dollar speaker setup sound ok....I am all for a great user interface tho....will pay thousands for...
  2. V

Denon AVR-X3800H is released.

entry level avr's getting pricey
  3. V

Please Recommend Actice Speaker for near field listening (desktop)

i use and like audio engine a2 w/12in sub. speakers disappear which is nice.
  4. V

Understanding a Speaker's Recommended Amp Spec.

most speakers have a point at which they start to break up and not sound good. no matter how awesome or powerful the amp is.
  5. V

Good headphone for vocals (max 300$)

grab headphones that are super comfy for long hours 1st and foremost. dont forget about dac's, amps, tubes, eq, dsp can also play a fun part in the game. sennheiser, fostex models are really good
  6. V

Michael Fremer Leaving Stereophile?

I think many here miss the point of a hobby. its about having fun.
  7. V

Subwoofer Advice ~2600 USD

doesnt svs subs have a cool phone app now where u can adjust on the fly via your phone.....thats dope....i would look into that
  8. V

PS Audio FR30 speakers

if they score or get reviewed as better than focal sopra speakers....imo they worth an audition
  9. V

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

measurements are nice, but it really boils down to your ears/brain on what you like/enjoy. some of my favorite speakers measure pretty poorly. magnepan lrs
  10. V

Problem with sub noise

try cycling the power on/off few times and also different electrical outlet...electricity funny sometimes.
  11. V

Problem with sub noise

many times it could be a cable issue...
  12. V

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

thank goodness we have so many choices to audition and test drive. if everything measured and sounded the same I might just not like this hobby anymore.
  13. V

Most affordable reference quality 2-channel system that would last awhile?

magnepan lrs are really a treat for music for under 1k
  14. V

I cannot trust the Harman speaker preference score

its nice to own well measured/rated/respected gear but sometimes it just doesnt work/sound as good to one as another. enjoy the journey and try/buy as much as possible before you give your money away.
  15. V

Need recommendations for 2 channel integrated Stereo

i have a rotel 1592 1st gen and it has a warmer/thicker/richer sound than say a marantz avr. sounds great imo. very musical imo.
  16. V

ASR recommendations should take price into account, and shouldn't only be based on the subjective test.

whats so hard to understand...they dont measure well but he likes the sound. :) lets not fool ourselves into thinking science can explain it all.
  17. V

Wilson Audio TuneTot Review (high-end bookshelf speaker)

ever go listen to a bunch of different systems in a store or at a show? I like most of em on display, but still narrow it down to just 1. and unfortuneately for me the 1 I take home isnt the one I liked the most. compromises...everyone usually has made them or will at some point. Its nice to...
  18. V

Wilson Audio TuneTot Review (high-end bookshelf speaker)

easy case in point for me is magnepan LRS vs focal...focal measure really flat in my room, LRS all over the place...but for most music the LRS are way more enjoyable
  19. V

Revel M106 Bookshelf Speaker Review

what really gets me excited about how x vs y speaker is how it images with depth and accuracy of a image...hifi shops usually dont have speakers setup so you can hear the image so many feet behind them...they have all the speakers semi close to a wall I suppose for more walking room. maybe its...
Top Bottom