Search results

1. MoreWatts

Extreme Snake Oil

Here's more "info" from the same forum as the above quote. This is from the infamous Geoff Kait, of Machina Dynamica fame (pebbles). Peter Belt has a Wikipedia page. "It could very well be something as 'ordinary' as your audiophile visitor brings his watch and or cellphone with him into the...
  2. MoreWatts

Cat News?

3. MoreWatts

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

Lowther Hegeman. Because this is Lowther I assume there is one single full-range driver doing all the work here. ;)
  4. MoreWatts

From Consonance (Opera Audio), fairly well known Chinese company, also market turntables, tonearms and electronics. I'd like to hear some JBL Everest/K2 speakers and their equivalents, like this, someday.
  5. MoreWatts

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

Amir responded in this thread. The thread was closed by their moderators today. :facepalm:
  6. MoreWatts

Audio Note speakers

Here is Peter Qvortrup's, Audio Note owner, stance on measurements. Posted yesterday on another forum. Peter Qvortrup, Yesterday at 8:02 AM I am confused as to how he thinks the Upton Sinclair quote helps his stance?
  7. MoreWatts

Andrew Jones MoFi Speakers

I dunno, they look kinda deep in this photo from Stereophile. About twice as deep as Revel F208s, which would be ~ direct competition in driver array and price. (F208s now discontinued, however. We await the Performa 4 generation...) These do look interesting. Can't wait for Erin's measurements...
  8. MoreWatts

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

Audiogon forums have several threads that address the situation: (Edit: Sorry @sweetchaos, I just noticed you referenced the 3rd one already). Should Speaker Manufactures provide a Frequency Response Graph? Eric at Tekton Designs has been battling two different reviewers who have posted...
  9. MoreWatts

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

In both of my primary pastimes, 'more watts' can often fix performance issues. ;)
  10. MoreWatts

Business Opportunity

Kimber Cable had a static display room at a Los Angeles area audio show I attended >15 years ago. It was a large, lower floor conference room, not a small hotel room. Walls and tables were covered in elaborate displays to showcase their multitude of choices in every possible cable category. I...
  11. MoreWatts

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

The cycling industry is also rife with subjective BS. Nobody wins the Tour de France because their bicycle is 'better' than all others, despite the claims of marketing departments. Just like properly designed audio amplifiers, bicycles built to a purpose are more alike than different. An...
  12. MoreWatts

Extreme Snake Oil

This 'deal' is available on another forum. Used at one-third MSRP. They'll ship at their expense. Since they're used they are probably already 'burned-in.' For $35K you get cables that look like the nylon webbing used on old-school folding lawn chairs. "Nordost Odin 1 Speaker Cables...
  13. MoreWatts

Celebrity RIP Thread

RIP Dickey. His 2001 album Let's Get Together is one of my under-appreciated favorites. This appropriately-titled tune shows why:
  14. MoreWatts

1 foot solid silver conductor interconnect vs. 0.5 foot Mogami W2964 interconnect

A question for the experts. Is silver wire/cabling used in any industrial/professional applications besides home audio? I was thinking, for instance, in applications where weight/mass or volume are important. Does silver make a lighter or thinner cable for the same conductivity? For example...
  15. MoreWatts

Celebrity RIP Thread

Dan Wallin, Oscar-Nominated and Emmy-Winning Music Mixer, Dies at 97 "Dan Wallin, the music scoring engineer who recorded such classic film scores as “Spartacus,” “Bullitt,” “The Wild Bunch” and “Out of Africa,” died early Wednesday in Hawaii. He was 97. Twice Oscar-nominated for best sound...
  16. MoreWatts

Beryllium tweeters are old-school. How about: Diamond Tweeter For the first time in Canton's history, a diamond dome tweeter has been used. This cone material enhances tweeter reproduction with the finest detail. The tweeter retains its accuracy and natural reproduction even at the highest...
  17. MoreWatts

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

About half-off on some white Revel Concerta speakers. Crutchfield (USA) for example, shown with list and sale prices: F35WH $880.00 $ 400.00 F36WH $1,100.00 $ 600.00 M16WH $495.00 $ 285.00
  18. MoreWatts

Have these been posted yet? No info, look like Tektons on steroids. Another site suggested they were the offspring of a cross between Wilsons and Tektons. :cool:
  19. MoreWatts

"The Goldmund Theia is not your average wireless speaker. Taking its name from Theia, the Greek titaness of sight and heavenly glory, these sculptural monoliths are as good to look at as listen to. The enclosure is made from micro-blasted aluminum, with the grilles constructed from brushed...
Top Bottom